I feel stupid asking this. What SD Card?

VmanJunker

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
So I did minor odds and ends on my old phone (HTC Incredible), but now I am getting the itch on the Galaxy Nexus.

I figured I would give jelly bean a try. However I have run into a problem, that doesn't seem to be clearly addressed (at least from my reading).

Simply put all the instruction say flash from the SD card. Am I messing something? As far as I am aware the Verizon Galaxy Nexus doesn't have an SD card (nothing even show in boot loader). Am I missing some internal storage partitioning trick, setting that I have over looked, separate build in storage, ect.

Feel free to call me an idiot and point me to a thread that has already addressed this.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There's a faux/internal folder called the SDcard. For all intents and purposes, it's an SDcard, just not removable. :)

This.

Through a file explorer you can find that it's identified as both the /sdcard and /data/media directories. Flashing from it is fine, the custom recoveries available will not wipe /data/media when you wipe data as part of your ROM flashing process.
:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VmanJunker

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Alright, so there is a folder called SDcard. Bear with me as I try and get my bearings

Using Android File Transfer, this link is what I see Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

When using OI File Manager what shows up in Android File Transfer is Clearly the folder labeled SDCard. The 4.0.4 Radios are i515.FA02 that I am trying to revert back to (bad sound with bluetooth following update) I've also added what should be a 4.0.2 radios boot loader since I took the screen capture, but . . .

When in Recovery mode I am given the following options
reboot system now
apply updates from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
(there is no Install from SDcard Option)

I feel like I must be missing a step somewhere, but I feel lost.

BTW thanks for the quick replies guys.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What recovery? Did you flash a custom one such as CWR or TWRP? Cuz it sounds like you may be looking at the stock one..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The internal storage has a partition named sdcard, and it's linked to the main partition via a symlink. This allows for apps that typically use an sdcard for storage to have the same functionality, with the additional benefit that the device access to the sdcard/partition isn't hijacked when plugged in via USB to your computer (as is typically the case with devices with an actual sdcard).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ILTAFGICHKI