I forgot my google password

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The screen is broken on my phone and it was the only backup way to get into Google - and I forgot my password - I do have Google one but I don't know how to talk to a Google expert since I can't get in Google one - my contacts list, pictures, etc are all lost if I can't get in - also many of my financial apps and my ring app use that number to verify so I can't even use my ring lol - anybody have any ideas - I was thinking USB to a laptop and copy pictures etc - also can I still port that phone number to a phone even after my carrier blocked calling and texting because of an overdue bill?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything is not lost. While they make it difficult to get into an account that you don't own getting into one that you do is difficult but not impossible. You should have a backup email associated with your Gmail account, hopefully it's one that you CAN access. You can also get password reset access through a connected phone number, of course that number must be working and able to receive texts or calls. Only if you are not able to access your back email, are not able to receive texts or calls are you SOL and then only if you have not accessed the account for over a year.

Do you think you'll be able to resolve any of those items in less than 12 months?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You could resort to hypnotic recall.

This is probably the first time in... You know what this may be the first time ever, that I actually believe they aren't just trying to hack in to a stolen phone. If not the first ever then it's rare enough that I don't even remember another time that I believed someone. LOL

They just have get service back to the phone number they have linked with their Google account or have access to their backup email. Then they can use the lost password option all day.