I found a Pearl White 64g at B&H open box

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm going to actually stick with this theme for a while. It's very different looking and I like the background wallpaper color. The icons look super wild like 3d art of some kind. I'm amazed at just how many ways you can customize the honor 8. EMUI has so much to offer. Although some compare it to Apple IOS I personally just dont see it. I don't see Android either. Makes me wish I either had the mate 9 or the honor 8 pro as my larger screen device. Maybe one day I'll pick up the mate 9 since it's not looking good that we will see the honor 8 pro here in the US.
A mate 9 would fill the big media phone that you were looking at and still stay in the Huawei family

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!! I actually accidentally found this theme as when I downloaded it I had no idea what the icons looked like. I just liked the colors of the background then when I applied it I was like wow those icons are kind of cool. This phone is so customizable and to be honest I didn't even realize just how much so the fisrt two times I owned it or either these play store apps I found weren't available previously. I've found one app that probably has over 75 themes. Then I found another app that has themes, icon packs and wallpapers then lastly another them with nothing but 100s of different font. I've downloaded a lot of stuff and the good thing is since I exchanged it for the 64g instead of the 32g now I don't have to be concerned about it taking my available space up like I would have been with the 32g. Now I'll probably download my playlist from my Amazon music app so I can play my songs offline anytime. I typically have never downloaded music being concerned with space but now I think I'm going to at least download my play list. I won't download any movies although I'll stream movies with this phone no problem as 5.2 inches is plenty big enough to watch a movie. Ultimately I'd like to one day soon get the Mate 9 for my media and movies device to rotate out with my honor but that'll be down the road. I have always though kept one smaller device and one larger device and right now I have two smaller devices. I'll have to wait until black Friday or a Christmas sale before I buy a larger screen device since I've over spent on phones this year trying new ones out. It's nice to have finally settled down to one specific device now to be my daily driver. I just hope we all see the updates that were initially promised to us and I also hope honor continues to release upper end mid range phones here. It'll be bad if that don't bc they do make a great phone with lots of cool features. I've liked EMUI since day one as I remember when I got my first honor 8 sitting in best buys parking lot for over an hour going all through the settings being amazed at how much I liked the software. I've heard lots of people say they don't care for it and they put a new launcher on their honor 8. I've never once even considered it as I think it's great. I love anything unique and different and that does not follow the typical. EMUI is definitely different but in a good way to me. I enjoy using the software. Like now they give you an option to have an app drawer but I use mine without it. I remember 4.1 which was my favorite number grade of EMUI actually. If it was an easy process to downgrade back to 4.1 I would do it in a second but I'm not even sure you can do that going that far back now. I liked it the best I guess bc it's what I used to first learn EMUI on so I'm partial to it. I liked the colored notifications type small icons at the top. Little things like that. It was a great version of EMUI and it was the most different from Android in general. Now they have made EMUI more Android friendly which is fine but the more unique the better it is to me :)
Glad that you got the 64gb. I would hate for you to run out of space on your 32gb and by then maybe no retailers will have the honor 8 64gb anymore. Then you would be stuck buying used.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Glad that you got the 64gb. I would hate for you to run out of space on your 32gb and by then maybe no retailers will have the honor 8 64gb anymore. Then you would be stuck buying used.
Exactly! Yeah I knew deep down I wanted this Pearl color and the 64g. I just got lucky that B&H sold the 64g to me at the same price as the 32g was. Now I'm just waiting on my skin to arrive and I'll be set up.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
A mate 9 would fill the big media phone that you were looking at and still stay in the Huawei family
You're right and I actually have been wanting a mate 9. I'd have to sell my Axon 7 which I've not had any luck yet doing then save up a few dollars to get the mate 9 but it'll be well worth it. I wouldn't care that the mate 10 was out already as the mate 9 is just that nice of a device.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You're right and I actually have been wanting a mate 9. I'd have to sell my Axon 7 which I've not had any luck yet doing then save up a few dollars to get the mate 9 but it'll be well worth it. I wouldn't care that the mate 10 was out already as the mate 9 is just that nice of a device.

Honestly, the mate 10 is overkill for just a media device. Mate 9 should be fine

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried Swappa? It should go fairly quickly if priced right

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm absolutely loving this Pearl White color and the peace of mind going with the 64g. I don't mind downloading lots of themes and fonts now like I did with the 32g. Plus I've got my default set to my SD card so I should be set for a long time using this phone now. Now I just want to order a dbrand skin for it and possibly locate a folio case as I have gotten to where I like using the flip cases now.

Totally feel you. Just upgraded from a 32gb phone to one that has 128gb.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I went through three of them total way back when they were released. At one time I had one 6s for my Alabama number and one for my Mississippi number. So I had two at one time both 128g. Just two different colors. I've not owned an iPhone since then. Which is why I'm thinking about getting the iPhone 8 through Xfinity mobile but now I've seen where that if I get the Samsung note 8 I would get a $200 dollar gift card which now has me considering getting it instead. No matter what I'm pretty sure I'll get one of the two as I'll have to make the tough decision. Leaning towards the Note 8 for that $200 gift card then if I wanted to I could get a refund on my honor 8 for another $200 and pay $400 towards the note 8 levaibf me about half the balance left to pay it completely off then but I'm not sure I could use that big of a phone on a daily basis. I guess I'd just have to get used to it. So it could be done although I prefer a smaller phone as my daily driver which is why I want the iPhone 8 but there is no promotion with it. What do you guys suggest I do here between the two and what about my honor 8?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I went through three of them total way back when they were released. At one time I had one 6s for my Alabama number and one for my Mississippi number. So I had two at one time both 128g. Just two different colors. I've not owned an iPhone since then. Which is why I'm thinking about getting the iPhone 8 through Xfinity mobile but now I've seen where that if I get the Samsung note 8 I would get a $200 dollar gift card which now has me considering getting it instead. No matter what I'm pretty sure I'll get one of the two as I'll have to make the tough decision. Leaning towards the Note 8 for that $200 gift card then if I wanted to I could get a refund on my honor 8 for another $200 and pay $400 towards the note 8 levaibf me about half the balance left to pay it completely off then but I'm not sure I could use that big of a phone on a daily basis. I guess I'd just have to get used to it. So it could be done although I prefer a smaller phone as my daily driver which is why I want the iPhone 8 but there is no promotion with it. What do you guys suggest I do here between the two and what about my honor 8?
If you can afford it, I would say get both the note 8 and iPhone 8. They are both great. Can you get both at zero down?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If you can afford it, I would say get both the note 8 and iPhone 8. They are both great. Can you get both at zero down?
Yeah technically I could because I'll have two lines available. If I were to get two phones it would be one iPhone 7 in that limited edition Red and then the newest phone the iPhone 8 and rotate them out. I wish they offered a red in the iPhone 8 but that iPhone 7 red model is calling my name. I've always wanted that phone since I first saw it. I won't have my lines available to me until I hook up the cable and the internet next week but yeah technically I could order two phones which I doubt I do. If they only offered tablets then I'd for sure get the iPhone 8 or red 7 and a iPad but they only have iPhones and samsungs available.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
It's an amazing phone. I love it.
Which one would you be getting the Note 8 or the iPhone 8? The Note 8 has a $200 gift card for getting it. That has tempted me but I'm going to stick with the iPhone bc I am a Apple guy by heart anyway. So which were you thinking of getting. Only thing is you have to be an established Xfinity customer first before they will allow you to become an Xfinity mobile customer and order a phone which kind of bites. So they aren't open to everyone like the other carriers are.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If I do get the iPhone 8 or Red 7 do you guys think I should get a refund on my honor 8? I just don't see myself rotating if I have an iPhone bc I like IOS so much. However I do like the honor 8. I'm not sure what I'll do. If I return it that will give an extra $200 so I can order accessories for the iPhone. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201