I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

Just got mine! Unfortunately I didn't realize I need a nano sim so I just picked one up and will really get to play with it when I get home. It looks beautiful though.

Btw I was scheduled for Tuesday by 1030am and it came today at 1030am on the dot haha.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I received mine Saturday from Amazon. I previously used an iPhone 6. This is the biggest phone I've ever had, and I was a little nervous about the size. So far, it appears I was worried for nothing. This phone feels really good in the hand and also fits in front pocket without issues. I'm liking it so far. Too soon to say about battery, but I think it will at least be no worse than the iPhone 6.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Edgar Rojas

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site

Talking about speed there is no comparison between stock android and touchwiz, even my old nexus 5 outperformed almost all phones last year. So, yes it will be an impressive upgrade on that aspect.

newmanmikeusa

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

I like mine (had for about 6 days now) except for 1 major problem.

Periodically the screen responsiveness goes all haywire. It either won't register finger presses, or thinks they are in the wrong place, or only allows certain things to happen (like allowing switching icon page but not actually selecting or loading an icon).

I saw a reviewer online (at Phandroid) had basically this issue. They thought it only happened when the phone heated up.

Anyone else have this problem???

I'm hoping it's just a fluke with this one and that a replacement won't have this problem.

Otherwise I really like it. It's a little smaller than the Note II I'm leaving behind, but much much faster. Id actually prefer it a little bit bigger, but the size is pretty good.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Periodically the screen responsiveness goes all haywire. It either won't register finger presses, or thinks they are in the wrong place, or only allows certain things to happen (like allowing switching icon page but not actually selecting or loading an icon).

I saw a reviewer online (at Phandroid) had basically this issue. They thought it only happened when the phone heated up.

I'm hoping it's just a fluke with this one and that a replacement won't have this problem.

Otherwise I really like it. It's a little smaller than the Note II I'm leaving behind, but much much faster. Id actually prefer it a little bit bigger, but the size is pretty good.
Phandroid apparently had the same problem and returned theirs.

Ooops. Already mentioned above.

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

You mean like this display?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Now that you've had it a bit, how's the battery life? Screen on time? Last all day?

I'm getting around 4 hours of SOT. Which is all day for me. Off the charger at 6am- 6pm. I use my phone for business all day. Calling, texting, emails and a few games.

Now, when it does make it home, I immediately put it back on the charger for 30 mins and its good for 6 or more hours.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Day 1.

Popped in the SIM from my first generation Moto X and fired it up. Restored the apps via my Google Account. Turned on Verizon's Advanced Calling 1.0 via the Verizon Wireless app. Visual Voicemail is setup now too.

This phone doesn't feel as big as I thought it would be. I'm still getting used to some one-handed operations. Have the dimple there to set your finger really helps.

I'm having zero issues with performance. Call quality and data connectivity is living up to Motorola's reputation in those areas.

By itself, the screen looks good to me. Definitely noticing the difference in blacks coming from the AMOLED first gen Moto X but it's not bothering me at all.

I don't think I could go back to a phone that doesn't have front-facing speakers.

On Day 2, I will be encrypting the device. My work requires us to encrypt and use AirWatch (vs. TouchDown, stock email, Nine) in order to use corporate email and calendars on our personal devices.

Later this week, I'll be comparing the camera to the iPhone 6, iPhone 5, first gen Moto X, first gen Moto G, and second gen Moto E. I'll see what other phones I can find.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Day 1.

Popped in the SIM from my first generation Moto X and fired it up. Restored the apps via my Google Account. Turned on Verizon's Advanced Calling 1.0 via the Verizon Wireless app. Visual Voicemail is setup now too.

This phone doesn't feel as big as I thought it would be. I'm still getting used to some one-handed operations. Have the dimple there to set your finger really helps.

I'm having zero issues with performance. Call quality and data connectivity is living up to Motorola's reputation in those areas.

By itself, the screen looks good to me. Definitely noticing the difference in blacks coming from the AMOLED first gen Moto X but it's not bothering me at all.

I don't think I could go back to a phone that doesn't have front-facing speakers.

On Day 2, I will be encrypting the device. My work requires us to encrypt and use AirWatch (vs. TouchDown, stock email, Nine) in order to use corporate email and calendars on our personal devices.

Later this week, I'll be comparing the camera to the iPhone 6, iPhone 5, first gen Moto X, first gen Moto G, and second gen Moto E. I'll see what other phones I can find.

I'm very interested to see if you notice any changes when you encrypt the phone. I'm switching to the MXPE from a nexus 5 and I've always felt like I killed the phone when I encrypted it.

My battery life and gps reception are both abysmal and I get regular lag and the occasional force close. Work for me enforces encryption through exchange policies so I really don't have the luxury of going any extended time without the encrypting for comparisons sake.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm very interested to see if you notice any changes when you encrypt the phone. I'm switching to the MXPE from a nexus 5 and I've always felt like I killed the phone when I encrypted it.

My battery life and gps reception are both abysmal and I get regular lag and the occasional force close. Work for me enforces encryption through exchange policies so I really don't have the luxury of going any extended time without the encrypting for comparisons sake.

Coming from an encrypted first gen Moto X, I'm not expecting to see any noticeable performance hit.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

The only stutter issue I've noticed is when reviewing recent apps and swiping them to close them. If the list is long, there's a bunch of artifacts of the apps overlapping as I swipe them away in quick order.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
First Day with my Moto Pure X

So I figured I've posted a million times about switching from my Note 4 to the Moto Pure X so I should come back and post a little mini-review for people who are in my shoes. I'm gonna give you 3 little sections... A Pros & Cons that are just about the phone itself. Not comparing it to the Note 4, not comparing it to last year's Moto X, not comparing it to anything else. Just Pros & Cons about using this particular phone (there might be a tiny comparison here and there, but I'll try not to). And then section 3 will be comparisons to my Note 4.

PROS
  • SPEED - This is why I bought the phone. I made a bet that regardless of any online feedback, that specs are not the most important thing (not that the Snapdragon 808 and 3GB of RAM aren't right up there with most of the top of the line phones anyway... and no that's not a comparison that's just a statement haha), but Pure Android without bloat is what will make a phone run smooth... So far, I bet right. Who can say what will happen a month, or 6 months from now. But for now, after installing tons of apps and games and having tons of accounts syncing and all that, it is absolutely buttery smooth like I always wanted a phone to be.
  • Size - I love 5.7" phones since I've already used them for the last 2 and a half years with the Note 3 and Note 4. I can't speak for everyone, but anyone I know who always thought "How can you use a phone that's that big?" It really goes away within a week and it becomes "How can you use a phone that's that small?" As a matter of fact, a small comparison here, but the Moto X Pure is a tad bit noticeably smaller than my Note 4, and it's taken a little getting used to haha. But the size is perfect.
  • Screen - Now I've read a LOT of complaining on here about the screen. I don't really care about tech in a spec war kind of way, I just want things to work/be good, and I absolutely love the screen. Yes I've used phones with AMOLED before too, but the fact that the black doesn't get as black, it's not really noticeable if you're not comparing them side by side. When it comes down to it and you're just using your phone, this is a beautiful, crisp, bright screen that looks great.
  • Charging - That Turbo Charger really does charge crazy fast. I'm used to QuickCharge 2.0 and this is even faster. Which is a good thing as you'll see down below in the CONS....
  • Moto Additions - So one mini complaint here, I'm sure I have it turned on (but maybe I accidentally turned it off, I'll check when I remember to check), but for the life of me I can't get the "chop twice to turn on the flashlight" action to work. But that said, all the other actions are really great, useful additions. Moto Voice is kind of silly since it's just launching Google Now... However I love Google Now, and I guess the added convenince of being able to set your phrase ("Hey Mr. Phone Dude!" is mine haha), and use it when the screen is off is pretty great. The twist for the camera is great too. I haven't started scheduling stuff yet, but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
  • Camera - This is a big one and I'll say it right up front. No, it's not the best camera ever. But yes, it's a perfectly capable camera that takes some great pictures in good light. In low light it's a fairly mixed bag, but I have managed to get some good shots. I like the camera app a lot too, and it's FAST. Super fast.
  • Speakers - WOW. Why doesn't anyone talk about this feature? I was seriously SHOCKED the first time I heard them. It's so loud and crisp! I'm a composer and audio guy, so I'm not gonna sit here and tell you this is the same experience as listening on some good speakers, but just to listen to music real quick, it's amazing. I usually listen to a podcast on my ride to work and since my car doesn't have bluetooth, I have to fiddle with wires to get the phone hooked up, and I found myself not even bothering. It's so loud that I actually had to turn it down a couple notches. I LOVE the speakers.
  • Design - I'm not a big phone design guy. I usually just slap a case on the thing and never even really see what the phone looks like. That being said, I LOVE what my custom designed phone looks like. Black front, Black leather back and the Lemon accent (is that what they called it? I think so. I forget.). It looks awesome.
  • Storage - Out of 64gb I think 53 was usable? Regardless, I've installed pretty much every app I can remember needing, over a dozen games, a bunch of podcasts, synced a bunch of my Google Play Music and Spotify playlists, and I still have like 35gb free. This is how I want to use a phone. I don't want to have to worry about an SD card, or have to worry about constantly clearing out my storage because I have like 5gb free and shrinking. I haven't even put my 64gb card in yet. I'll get around to it eventually.
  • Stock Android - Tied in with the first Pro, Stock Android really does rule. I haven't had Stock since.... Donut or Eclair... Haha. It's been a while. I used the T-Mobile G1 & G2, and a rooted/rommed MyTouch4g Slide all with stock and used to love it, even though Android ran like crap back then. Stock Android has changed quite a bit since then, and it's just beautiful. It's also very usable. Everything is really nicely setup. A lot of the things you used to find in skins and 3rd party launchers already are here and with much more elegant designs.
  • Speed Again - Did I mention how smooth it all is? It's my #1 requirement and it's so freaking smooth. Man I hope it stays this way haha.

CONS
  • BATTERY - So I have a pretty good feeling I'd be writing this same con with ANY phone on the market. But man, manufacturers really don't care about Battery Life. I haven't had a "normal" day yet with the phone. It's all been just playing with it, installing apps, showing my girlfriend how loud the speakers are... Etc etc etc. So really heavy use. I can't really comment on SOT or any of that. All I know is that except for when I'm sleeping I've been under 60% pretty much constantly haha. I charge it all the damn time though. i'm used to it though, so it kind of is what it is. I have a QuickCharge2.0 charger in my car, by my couch, in my office, by my bed, at work, and at my parents house. I also pretty much have a portable battery with me everywhere I go... I'd assume, that from what I've seen, I'd be lucky to make it 8 hours of my kind of use without a charge. So while battery life is my biggest con, it's something that I'm used to, and to be expected.
  • Customization - OK again, this isn't a big con, because I can obviously just install Nova or some other launcher and have a ton of options again, but I'm trying to make do with stock for now just to see how it is. I'd love if there were a few more options baked into the stock Android launcher. Like the persistent Google Search bar? I currently have FOUR ways to get a google search going from my home screen. I don't need that bar there (even though it looks nice). There's actually not much customization really that can be done to the home screen aside from adding your icons and widgets. Again, a custom launcher could add all the options you'd ever want.
  • Auto-Rotate - I find the AutoRotate on this thing to be the most aggressive I've ever seen. It's pretty much impossible to keep the screen in one orientation. Just the slightest bit of an angle and it turns. Luckily, I'm the kind of person who leaves his phone on locked Portrait most of the time anyway, and only changes it for when I'm going into the gallery to look at a picture.
  • Volume Controls / Priority Options - So there's nothing wrong per se with these options, they're just kind of confusing. I'm not quite sure how to get them set up properly. Once I get it, It'll be fine, but it's pretty complex. Also there have been times where I go to a game and it's super loud, and I try to turn down the volume but it's just turning down my ringer/notification volume, and unlike on my Note 4 where you can hit a little button that then gives you an option of which volume you want to turn down, there's really no option for that, I just have to let go, wait, and try again until I'm actually adjusting the correct volume with the volume keys. Kind of annoying. Maybe a software fix will come?
  • No IR Blaster - It's not a huge deal, but I do miss having an IR blaster for turning on my TV when I can't find the remote.
  • Water whatever - Since the Water repellent coating was a marketing point on this phone, I assumed it would be a little safer than what people on these forums are saying. Now I'm kind of scared to actually use it around water, which I was really looking forward to not having to worry about. Oh well. At least they say it'll be fine in light rain / if my hands are a little wet. That's better than nothing.
  • The Future - Speaking of software fixes... I'm a LITTLE nervous about the future. While the phone is running excellent now, is it truly prepared for the Marshmallow update that we know will come? I'm the kind of person who uses their phone all day, every day, so it really does worry me. That being said, my anxiety is really caused by my last 7 phones, not this one haha.

COMPARING TO MY OLD NOTE 4
  • Camera - Yea, the camera on my Note 4 technically took better pictures. I also got more good ones vs bad ones on it than I do on my X Pure so far. HOWEVER, the X Pure camera comes up in 1 second, and shoots a pic in less time than that. Assuming I'm in good lighting, I'd probably never miss a moment with the X Pure, where as my Note 4, I might be dead by the time the camera loads and is ready to actually take a picture. And all that said, it's not like night and day better in picture quality. It's very much a close comparison. The quality is just a little better on the Note 4.
  • Speed/Smoothness - This is the big one for me, and again, it's insane how much smoother and faster this phone is. At first I thought it was SD cards slowing down Android until slowdown continued after taking out my SD card. Then I thought it was some rogue apps, until I did a system restore on my Note 4 and things continued to be slow. I am fully convinced at this point that it's just bad skin programming from Samsung. And I've played with an LG G4 before and I've seen how laggy that can get as well, so really it's not just Samsung. I don't think any of these companies know how to make a skin that doesn't lag down Android. And no, a 3rd party launcher doesn't help those issues on those phones, because we're not just talking about the launcher... Everything in the OS is skinned on those phones and somewhere or other, it's slowing the phones down. The Moto X Pure in my first day (and a few hours the night before, and this monring), has been perfectly smooth.
  • Screen - I know there are debates raging about LCD vs AMOLED, and I'm sure they're probably right that AMOLED screens are better. But when this phone is in your hand and I'm not trying to compare, it's a perfectly beautiful screen. And to be honest when I was playing Radical Repelling, I thought the screen kind of looked better (and I've racked up a lot of hours on that game on my Note 4 so the graphics quality is pretty locked into my brain haha).

OK that does it. I gotta get back to real life and stop obsessing over my phone. If I think of anything I left out from any of the 3 sections, I'll update this later. And let me know if you have any questions. I absolutely have loved every minute with this phone so far... But I've got 14 days to return it. I doubt that will happen haha... And to be honest, if it did happen, I'd probably be giving up on Android altogether because I really can't imagine any Android phone on the market that's as good as this one. :)

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: First Day with my Moto Pure X

I understand your frustration with the sound adjustments. I miss that one feature so bad from my LG G4 that I'm actually considering moving back to it and returning the Moto. I love the speed of stock but its almost too bare bones sometimes. Is there a notification widget that can be downloaded to alleviate this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

So I figured I've posted a million times about switching from my Note 4 to the Moto Pure X so I should come back and post a little mini-review for people who are in my shoes. I'm gonna give you 3 little sections... A Pros & Cons that are just about the phone itself. Not comparing it to the Note 4, not comparing it to last year's Moto X, not comparing it to anything else. Just Pros & Cons about using this particular phone (there might be a tiny comparison here and there, but I'll try not to). And then section 3 will be comparisons to my Note 4.

PROS
  • SPEED - This is why I bought the phone. I made a bet that regardless of any online feedback, that specs are not the most important thing (not that the Snapdragon 808 and 3GB of RAM aren't right up there with most of the top of the line phones anyway... and no that's not a comparison that's just a statement haha), but Pure Android without bloat is what will make a phone run smooth... So far, I bet right. Who can say what will happen a month, or 6 months from now. But for now, after installing tons of apps and games and having tons of accounts syncing and all that, it is absolutely buttery smooth like I always wanted a phone to be.
  • Size - I love 5.7" phones since I've already used them for the last 2 and a half years with the Note 3 and Note 4. I can't speak for everyone, but anyone I know who always thought "How can you use a phone that's that big?" It really goes away within a week and it becomes "How can you use a phone that's that small?" As a matter of fact, a small comparison here, but the Moto X Pure is a tad bit noticeably smaller than my Note 4, and it's taken a little getting used to haha. But the size is perfect.
  • Screen - Now I've read a LOT of complaining on here about the screen. I don't really care about tech in a spec war kind of way, I just want things to work/be good, and I absolutely love the screen. Yes I've used phones with AMOLED before too, but the fact that the black doesn't get as black, it's not really noticeable if you're not comparing them side by side. When it comes down to it and you're just using your phone, this is a beautiful, crisp, bright screen that looks great.
  • Charging - That Turbo Charger really does charge crazy fast. I'm used to QuickCharge 2.0 and this is even faster. Which is a good thing as you'll see down below in the CONS....
  • Moto Additions - So one mini complaint here, I'm sure I have it turned on (but maybe I accidentally turned it off, I'll check when I remember to check), but for the life of me I can't get the "chop twice to turn on the flashlight" action to work. But that said, all the other actions are really great, useful additions. Moto Voice is kind of silly since it's just launching Google Now... However I love Google Now, and I guess the added convenince of being able to set your phrase ("Hey Mr. Phone Dude!" is mine haha), and use it when the screen is off is pretty great. The twist for the camera is great too. I haven't started scheduling stuff yet, but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
  • Camera - This is a big one and I'll say it right up front. No, it's not the best camera ever. But yes, it's a perfectly capable camera that takes some great pictures in good light. In low light it's a fairly mixed bag, but I have managed to get some good shots. I like the camera app a lot too, and it's FAST. Super fast.
  • Speakers - WOW. Why doesn't anyone talk about this feature? I was seriously SHOCKED the first time I heard them. It's so loud and crisp! I'm a composer and audio guy, so I'm not gonna sit here and tell you this is the same experience as listening on some good speakers, but just to listen to music real quick, it's amazing. I usually listen to a podcast on my ride to work and since my car doesn't have bluetooth, I have to fiddle with wires to get the phone hooked up, and I found myself not even bothering. It's so loud that I actually had to turn it down a couple notches. I LOVE the speakers.
  • Design - I'm not a big phone design guy. I usually just slap a case on the thing and never even really see what the phone looks like. That being said, I LOVE what my custom designed phone looks like. Black front, Black leather back and the Lemon accent (is that what they called it? I think so. I forget.). It looks awesome.
  • Storage - Out of 64gb I think 53 was usable? Regardless, I've installed pretty much every app I can remember needing, over a dozen games, a bunch of podcasts, synced a bunch of my Google Play Music and Spotify playlists, and I still have like 35gb free. This is how I want to use a phone. I don't want to have to worry about an SD card, or have to worry about constantly clearing out my storage because I have like 5gb free and shrinking. I haven't even put my 64gb card in yet. I'll get around to it eventually.
  • Stock Android - Tied in with the first Pro, Stock Android really does rule. I haven't had Stock since.... Donut or Eclair... Haha. It's been a while. I used the T-Mobile G1 & G2, and a rooted/rommed MyTouch4g Slide all with stock and used to love it, even though Android ran like crap back then. Stock Android has changed quite a bit since then, and it's just beautiful. It's also very usable. Everything is really nicely setup. A lot of the things you used to find in skins and 3rd party launchers already are here and with much more elegant designs.
  • Speed Again - Did I mention how smooth it all is? It's my #1 requirement and it's so freaking smooth. Man I hope it stays this way haha.

CONS
  • BATTERY - So I have a pretty good feeling I'd be writing this same con with ANY phone on the market. But man, manufacturers really don't care about Battery Life. I haven't had a "normal" day yet with the phone. It's all been just playing with it, installing apps, showing my girlfriend how loud the speakers are... Etc etc etc. So really heavy use. I can't really comment on SOT or any of that. All I know is that except for when I'm sleeping I've been under 60% pretty much constantly haha. I charge it all the damn time though. i'm used to it though, so it kind of is what it is. I have a QuickCharge2.0 charger in my car, by my couch, in my office, by my bed, at work, and at my parents house. I also pretty much have a portable battery with me everywhere I go... I'd assume, that from what I've seen, I'd be lucky to make it 8 hours of my kind of use without a charge. So while battery life is my biggest con, it's something that I'm used to, and to be expected.
  • Customization - OK again, this isn't a big con, because I can obviously just install Nova or some other launcher and have a ton of options again, but I'm trying to make do with stock for now just to see how it is. I'd love if there were a few more options baked into the stock Android launcher. Like the persistent Google Search bar? I currently have FOUR ways to get a google search going from my home screen. I don't need that bar there (even though it looks nice). There's actually not much customization really that can be done to the home screen aside from adding your icons and widgets. Again, a custom launcher could add all the options you'd ever want.
  • Auto-Rotate - I find the AutoRotate on this thing to be the most aggressive I've ever seen. It's pretty much impossible to keep the screen in one orientation. Just the slightest bit of an angle and it turns. Luckily, I'm the kind of person who leaves his phone on locked Portrait most of the time anyway, and only changes it for when I'm going into the gallery to look at a picture.
  • Volume Controls / Priority Options - So there's nothing wrong per se with these options, they're just kind of confusing. I'm not quite sure how to get them set up properly. Once I get it, It'll be fine, but it's pretty complex. Also there have been times where I go to a game and it's super loud, and I try to turn down the volume but it's just turning down my ringer/notification volume, and unlike on my Note 4 where you can hit a little button that then gives you an option of which volume you want to turn down, there's really no option for that, I just have to let go, wait, and try again until I'm actually adjusting the correct volume with the volume keys. Kind of annoying. Maybe a software fix will come?
  • No IR Blaster - It's not a huge deal, but I do miss having an IR blaster for turning on my TV when I can't find the remote.
  • Water whatever - Since the Water repellent coating was a marketing point on this phone, I assumed it would be a little safer than what people on these forums are saying. Now I'm kind of scared to actually use it around water, which I was really looking forward to not having to worry about. Oh well. At least they say it'll be fine in light rain / if my hands are a little wet. That's better than nothing.
  • The Future - Speaking of software fixes... I'm a LITTLE nervous about the future. While the phone is running excellent now, is it truly prepared for the Marshmallow update that we know will come? I'm the kind of person who uses their phone all day, every day, so it really does worry me. That being said, my anxiety is really caused by my last 7 phones, not this one haha.

COMPARING TO MY OLD NOTE 4
  • Camera - Yea, the camera on my Note 4 technically took better pictures. I also got more good ones vs bad ones on it than I do on my X Pure so far. HOWEVER, the X Pure camera comes up in 1 second, and shoots a pic in less time than that. Assuming I'm in good lighting, I'd probably never miss a moment with the X Pure, where as my Note 4, I might be dead by the time the camera loads and is ready to actually take a picture. And all that said, it's not like night and day better in picture quality. It's very much a close comparison. The quality is just a little better on the Note 4.
  • Speed/Smoothness - This is the big one for me, and again, it's insane how much smoother and faster this phone is. At first I thought it was SD cards slowing down Android until slowdown continued after taking out my SD card. Then I thought it was some rogue apps, until I did a system restore on my Note 4 and things continued to be slow. I am fully convinced at this point that it's just bad skin programming from Samsung. And I've played with an LG G4 before and I've seen how laggy that can get as well, so really it's not just Samsung. I don't think any of these companies know how to make a skin that doesn't lag down Android. And no, a 3rd party launcher doesn't help those issues on those phones, because we're not just talking about the launcher... Everything in the OS is skinned on those phones and somewhere or other, it's slowing the phones down. The Moto X Pure in my first day (and a few hours the night before, and this monring), has been perfectly smooth.
  • Screen - I know there are debates raging about LCD vs AMOLED, and I'm sure they're probably right that AMOLED screens are better. But when this phone is in your hand and I'm not trying to compare, it's a perfectly beautiful screen. And to be honest when I was playing Radical Repelling, I thought the screen kind of looked better (and I've racked up a lot of hours on that game on my Note 4 so the graphics quality is pretty locked into my brain haha).

OK that does it. I gotta get back to real life and stop obsessing over my phone. If I think of anything I left out from any of the 3 sections, I'll update this later. And let me know if you have any questions. I absolutely have loved every minute with this phone so far... But I've got 14 days to return it. I doubt that will happen haha... And to be honest, if it did happen, I'd probably be giving up on Android altogether because I really can't imagine any Android phone on the market that's as good as this one. :)

Thanks for that David nice mini review, can I just ask what are the whites like on screen compared to your note 4 as I have read that some have yellow tints and a warm white look and that does put me off slightly so if you could post a picture of the screens together showing whites that would be great :)

Thanks

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I understand your frustration with the sound adjustments. I miss that one feature so bad from my LG G4 that I'm actually considering moving back to it and returning the Moto. I love the speed of stock but its almost too bare bones sometimes. Is there a notification widget that can be downloaded to alleviate this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm sure there is... I remember there was an app I installed on my Note 4 to stop it from lowering the volume when I plugged headphones in... So if there's something like that, there's gotta be something to help with volume adjustments. I'll eventually get around to looking for one haha