I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: First Day with my Moto Pure X

Oh I just thought of another Con... Haha... The world's worst default ringtone. It's seriously the worst thing I've ever heard. Someone remind me to change it ASAP...

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for that David nice mini review, can I just ask what are the whites like on screen compared to your note 4 as I have read that some have yellow tints and a warm white look and that does put me off slightly so if you could post a picture of the screens together showing whites that would be great :)

Thanks

motoxpure-2ndscreen.jpg

I'd have to wait to get home to take a pic side by side,but this screen cap I just took shows some white some yellow (and while we're at it, some black), and I'm not really seeing a yellow tint... The white just looks white to me.To be honest I'm probably not the best person to ask since I suck at recognizing color shades (it's a curse really because I love puzzle games haha). I'll ask my girlfriend later if she thinks there's any tint to it, but I'm definitely not seeing it.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
fist day with my moto

It just arrived this morning at 830.. I am going from my trusted work horse s5 with the vission x rom to this x pure. So far so good. Little odd getting used to on screen buttons, and the white is a little softer then my s5.. But its not bad, screen size is great, about the same size as my s5 in its heavy duty case, the fast charger is fast, but it doesn't go into fast charge mode with a non Motorola fast charger. Now if I can just find a good simple music player for my mp3. Any suggestions? Not a fan of Google play music app.

Posted via the Android Central App

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I understand your frustration with the sound adjustments. I miss that one feature so bad from my LG G4 that I'm actually considering moving back to it and returning the Moto. I love the speed of stock but its almost too bare bones sometimes. Is there a notification widget that can be downloaded to alleviate this issue?

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/06/01/android-m-feature-be-gone-terrible-lollipop-volume-controls/

This has been changed in Android M, don't return a phone just because of that.

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 197071

I'd have to wait to get home to take a pic side by side,but this screen cap I just took shows some white some yellow (and while we're at it, some black), and I'm not really seeing a yellow tint... The white just looks white to me.To be honest I'm probably not the best person to ask since I suck at recognizing color shades (it's a curse really because I love puzzle games haha). I'll ask my girlfriend later if she thinks there's any tint to it, but I'm definitely not seeing it.

Thanks for all the input.

How is the leather to the touch and look? I am curious about the texture, since it is not smooth like last year

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

Thanks for all the input.

How is the leather to the touch and look? I am curious about the texture, since it is not smooth like last year

I think the leather looks and feels awesome. I hate that I'm too scared to not use a case. I'll probably pop off the case when I'm just sitting on the couch with it haha.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I just received mine. I will update later once I've gotten out of work with my impressions.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Day 3 -

I encrypted my Moto X yesterday. I'm not noticing any performance hits.

Leather is starting to feel a bit softer.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I do want to comment specifically on idle drain. I did a couple of overnight tests and it burns ~1% per hour in idle, including less than 1% (lost 5% in 7 hours last night).

That is simply fantastic.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

CONS
  • Volume Controls / Priority Options - So there's nothing wrong per se with these options, they're just kind of confusing. I'm not quite sure how to get them set up properly. Once I get it, It'll be fine, but it's pretty complex. Also there have been times where I go to a game and it's super loud, and I try to turn down the volume but it's just turning down my ringer/notification volume, and unlike on my Note 4 where you can hit a little button that then gives you an option of which volume you want to turn down, there's really no option for that, I just have to let go, wait, and try again until I'm actually adjusting the correct volume with the volume keys. Kind of annoying. Maybe a software fix will come?

Not sure you can classify this as a con (though I see why). This to me is a bug with Android 5.0, they combined the sound settings and I haven't really heard anyone say they like it. Sometimes I will get out of a game and want to turn up the sound and it is stuck on the in game sound. It seems you have to wait a second or you have to close the app then fix the sound.

The whole priority thing is annoying too there is not true silent without vibrate anymore like there used to be.

Also I think they fixed this in 6.0

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 197071

Thanks David that screen looks good but it would be great to see a side by side if you don't mind doing that :)

Andy

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 197071

Appreciate the in depth review. I'm debating this phone and all the feedback I can get from real users helps.

Now please get on that to do list from July 2013 so you can free up that space on your home screen!

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Appreciate the in depth review. I'm debating this phone and all the feedback I can get from real users helps.

Now please get on that to do list from July 2013 so you can free up that space on your home screen!
Haha its kind of a joke I have with myself. I've kept the filename the same and just keep updating the actual list. I think around that December I was like "Maybe I should change it... Naaahh" and its stayed ever since. :)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

newmanmikeusa

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Periodically the screen responsiveness goes all haywire. It either won't register finger presses, or thinks they are in the wrong place, or only allows certain things to happen (like allowing switching icon page but not actually selecting or loading an icon).

Here's an update: The problem pretty much just affects the top 25% of the screen, and it is only intermittent. When it does happen, usually turning the screen off then back on will fix it.

I even did a reset of the phone to be sure it wasn't just a problem with a launcher I installed. Problem still there.

Otherwise, I really like the phone. It seems quite fast to me. (I do miss my LED light though.) I called customer service, and a replacement is in the works. Hopefully, the replacement won't have this problem.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

David...did you change your Ringtone???

Why not??
I finally changed it today, but not before it actually scared the guys installing a gate at my parents house. I think they thought I was yelling at them. We all laughed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

LaxRef93

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I received my Moto XPE today (FedEx said it wasn't coming until Monday!!), and here are my first impressions:
1. It isn't as wide as I thought it would be (only slightly wider than the case protecting my Moto X 2013), and about an inch taller or so.

2. Someone commented in another thread that they thought the back was slippery. Yes, I would absolutely agree with that. I feel like I need to change the way I hold it so that it doesn't go flying. At least I have the Moto Insurance.

3. Seems very responsive so far, but I'm just downloading all my apps right now, so it will be a little bit before I can really play around with it.

4. Feels like a well-built phone, until I put the plastic bumper on. Then it made it feel a little cheaper. I think we need the bumper on it, so maybe I'll look around for a different one.

5. I wasn't quite sure what to expect weight-wise, but it does feel heavy to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Afterall, I'm coming from a much smaller phone.

6. I think I got one of the white screens (not a yellow screen).

Can't wait to play around with it this weekend! I think I'm going to like it.. the biggest thing will just be getting used to the size.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I received my Moto XPE today (FedEx said it wasn't coming until Monday!!), and here are my first impressions:
1. It isn't as wide as I thought it would be (only slightly wider than the case protecting my Moto X 2013), and about an inch taller or so.

2. Someone commented in another thread that they thought the back was slippery. Yes, I would absolutely agree with that. I feel like I need to change the way I hold it so that it doesn't go flying. At least I have the Moto Insurance.

3. Seems very responsive so far, but I'm just downloading all my apps right now, so it will be a little bit before I can really play around with it.

4. Feels like a well-built phone, until I put the plastic bumper on. Then it made it feel a little cheaper. I think we need the bumper on it, so maybe I'll look around for a different one.

5. I wasn't quite sure what to expect weight-wise, but it does feel heavy to me. I'm sure I'll get used to it though. Afterall, I'm coming from a much smaller phone.

6. I think I got one of the white screens (not a yellow screen).

Can't wait to play around with it this weekend! I think I'm going to like it.. the biggest thing will just be getting used to the size.

Lucky you :) can I ask what your thoughts are on the screen and screen colours are they bright and crisp or are the colours a bit washed out?

Thanks