I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions and User Reviews)

linuxmel

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)

Surprisingly, the supplied bumper actually works pretty good. It even improves the grip. And the Migrate app really does a good job or transferring apps, etc., from the old phone. Just make sure you download it on both phones before using it.

What exactly does the bumper protect? It's not really a case?

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

It's hard plastic, but it's very thin so it flexes.

I'm just going to use this temporarily until some better products come out.
Does the bumper seem like it would still be stable on the device if the button areas were cut out to uncover the buttons?

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Update: I have NO issues seeing the screen while wearing polarized sunglasses. I couldn't see the OG X screen at all but no issues here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

thanks for this! I understand why from a physics standpoint why polarized sunglasses have issues with LCD, but I've always wondered why Android OEMs didn't employ a similar "work-around" like Apple does with the iPhone. I think this is the first Android OEM with an LCD screen that doesn't have the issue with polarized sunglasses. Now, Moto, ship my damn phone!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else's order still stuck on being built status? It's been like that since the 3rd for me

LaxRef93

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else's order still stuck on being built status? It's been like that since the 3rd for me
Mine has been since the 3rd too. And since delivery date is the 17th, they really need to have it done by Monday or Tuesday in order to meet that.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Mine has been since the 3rd too. And since delivery date is the 17th, they really need to have it done by Monday or Tuesday in order to meet that.

same here... was told it'd ship yesterday, no sign of it in Fedex Delivery Manager. I was hoping for early delivery, but looking like the 17th will be the day (hopefully not after!)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I think sales might be better than expected, so we are in a Being Built bottleneck.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

thanks for this! I understand why from a physics standpoint why polarized sunglasses have issues with LCD, but I've always wondered why Android OEMs didn't employ a similar "work-around" like Apple does with the iPhone. I think this is the first Android OEM with an LCD screen that doesn't have the issue with polarized sunglasses. Now, Moto, ship my damn phone!!!!!!! :)

I can see my G3 with my Maui Jim's no problem...

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

FedEx delivery manager now shows my phone! Delivery on 16th (motor original estimate 17th). Woo-hoo!

Posted via the Android Central App

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

No disrespect intended, but if the title of this thread is "I got my Moto X Pure Edition! (First Impressions)", why are you replying that you haven't received your phone? Why not contribute the ordered/shipping thread?

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Go to fedex.com, create an account, then sign up for Delivery Manager. You can then log in to Delivery Manager anytime to see if a Fed Ex label has been created for your order. Once you have a tracking number, you can check any time you want to see the status of your order.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

I got my moto x pure today and phone is solid overall but I am already spoiled to quality of S6 and moto x pure just does not impress me at all. Screen color seems to be little warm and colors are washed away. Also, S6's camera is much better. Moto X Pure is definitely better bang for the bucks.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

I have to disagree. The S6 in basic mode which is calibrated to sRGB is very similar to the MXPE, but the MXPE doesn't have any problems displaying reds or an overly green grayscale like the pentile s6. You probably have the phone in amoled cinema or adaptive display which are garbage for color accuracy that are way over-saturated with a far too cool white balance. The only two screen modes worthy of consideration are amoled photo(adobe RGB) and basic(sRGB). As far as the camera, the only times the camera on the s6 is noticeably better than the MXPE(so far at least, I need to take a lot more photos, I'll be taking them out for some comparisons with my NEX-6 and a few other phones soon) have been in extreme low light conditions which I don't take pictures in other than while testing.

Last edited: