I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ugh, my tracking number still says expected ship date of 9/29 and no new info on the box being send out

seriously, wtf

Yea I wouldn't worry about that. Mine will be picked up at the fedex express drop off point that my wife dropped it off at around 5pm today. Why is that significant? Well, the tracking number for the empty box they sent me still says it's not been shipped at all. :D I think the tracking is completely screwed up. Just be patient...it'll come. The tracking site is NOT to be trusted.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
My status just updated, and I should get my box today. With any luck it will come early enough that I can get it back out today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It is in the drop box awaiting a FedEx truck to pick it up. With any luck I *might* get it back this week!

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for the upgrade on Thursday, September 29th. My FedEx shipping box & instructions came on Friday, September 30th. I removed my personal content, packaged and dropped it off at a FedEx-Kinkos the same day on Friday afternoon. It was received and confirmed by Motorola today (Monday, October 3rd) at 6:43 am PST via an e-mail from Motorola.

Update as of 12:56 pm PST it now says: RMA Processed 10/03/2011. I believe the industry term for RMA means "Return Materials Authorization". So I don't know if that means they have completed the job or not.

However, on the top of the page it stated:

"This device has shipped or is in the process of being shipped back to you. If no tracking information is available, please check back at a later time to allow our system time to update. If you have any questions, please contact our customer care department at 1-800-734-5870 and select the repair service option.Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time."

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I expect to receive a tracking number later today/tonight. And the device will be shipped standard overnight, which means I could have it in my hands tomorrow October 4th. I assume that my Xoom was in the first batch, being that they had to take one day to ship the box and it was shipped back Friday. Which makes the first day they started seeing mass devices was today (Monday, October 3rd). So I expect to get a free dock too.

Carlos Thomas

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity what does it show as the SIM number? Mine has a date for RMA processed and a umber in the SIM field but nothing for shipping back yet..

Mine has a SIM (Subscriber Identification Module) Number.

Moto.jpg

Last edited:

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife asked why I had to send mine back and she didn't. I had to explain to her that she has the wifi Xoom.

Oh, and mine is scheduled for delivery in Elgin, IL tomorrow.

mloebl

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else dumb like me and forget to grab the outgoing FedEx number for tracking in the excitement? :confused: Hoping it makes it tomorrow in one piece.

-Mike

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else dumb like me and forget to grab the outgoing FedEx number for tracking in the excitement? :confused: Hoping it makes it tomorrow in one piece.

-Mike

I did. Not that big a deal though. does not take long to get there. They picked it up at the drop off Friday at 5 and Moto received it this morning.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Oh I beat you all on this one. :D I was on a call when the box came but my wife needed to leave for work so I was in a hurry. I took 2 pictures of the label with the Bionic. NEITHER picture is readable so I don't have my tracking number either! sigh. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord