I got my Xoom upgraded to 4G, who else got there's?

Kuro

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Received 2 boxes from Elgin this morning. Was hoping one was the docking station but nope, they just sent me 2 packages to ship mine back. Dropped it off at FedEx early in the afternoon. I did forget to grab the tracking # off the package...

But I didn't forget to get a receipt from the FedEx office for the package dropoff :p And I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until I went to grab it off the arm of the sofa to check the weather in the morning :(

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Just checked my order and it says:

"This device has shipped or is in the process of being shipped back to you. If no tracking information is available, please check back at a later time to allow our system time to update. If you have any questions, please contact our customer care department at 1-800-734-5870 and select the repair service option.Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Eastern Standard Time."

Hoping I get it back tomorrow or if I am really lucky today

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I guess some of us will find out soon enough when we get ours back. I wonder if Motorola is the one providing the free docks or Verizon.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Those charging docks suck. I've had 3 break on me already. The spring in the charging pins have always broken on mine within a few weeks. When the spring breaks the pin does not rise up to charge the device. They are junk IMHO.

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Motorola support is horrible. Even though the order shows shipped it has not shipped. If your order shows its RMA processed it means its been upgraded but has not shipped. But the dock will be shipped out with the Xoom.

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bet they are all the refurb docks that Moto has from fixing them when they break. They have to do something with them, right?

I am fortunate that I have my wife's wifi Xoom to use while mine is being upgraded.

I dropped mine off at the airport Fedex office last night at 7:00 PM and it was delivered in Shaumberg (Elgin) this morning. Hopefully they will upgrade it and ship it out today!

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had the tracking info for mine as it's showing that they haven't received it. That's a bit worrisome.

Mine was delivered at 7:54 AM and yours probably was too, along with hundreds of others. I'm sure they just have not opened the box yet and entered it into the system.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I’m getting hopeful. It took Motorola less than 1 hour from when they received my Xoom to when they checked it in. There is hope it will be shipped out today or tomorrow!!!

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine was delivered at 7:54 AM and yours probably was too, along with hundreds of others. I'm sure they just have not opened the box yet and entered it into the system.

That's a very good point. They do have to process them in order to update the RMA site. Here's hoping it actually made it....in one piece. :D

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I recieved my FedEx box yesterday morning, shipped it out during lunch and this morning I recieved confirmation it was recieved my Moto. Hope to get it back before trip to Cali next Thursday.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I recieved my FedEx box yesterday morning, shipped it out during lunch and this morning I recieved confirmation it was recieved my Moto. Hope to get it back before trip to Cali next Thursday.

I did the same thing and didn't get a confirmation this morning. I also made the mistake of not getting the tracking number from the package before I dropped it in the FedEx box. I hope it made it.

bmhanson

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone who showed RMA processed yesterday actually seen an update to the Device Shipped field? I am trying to figure out if mine was shipped back yesterday or is just sitting there and waiting to be shipped back.

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone who showed RMA processed yesterday actually seen an update to the Device Shipped field? I am trying to figure out if mine was shipped back yesterday or is just sitting there and waiting to be shipped back.

I am in the same boat you are in. I spoke with a rep and he stated the update is done its just waiting to be shipped out. He could not say how long it would take them to ship it out. I wonder if they are back logged on shipping out boxes and not shipping out finished Xoom's since they have no capacity to do it.

jchien

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
Also an FYI for everyone. Motorola stated no signature is required upon delivery. So people who live in a shady area might want it held at the station.