I got to play with the One M9 for about 15 mins. My impressions.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you happen to place the M9 on the counter on its back? I am wondering with the big camera does the phone rest on the camera lens? That to me would be a big drawback. My M7 when laying on its back rests on the metal case.

No didn't get to put it down on a surface. The camera module does stick out slightly, but it's not really noticeable. If I had guess, I'd say the bottom of the camera module (the border around it, not necessarily the plastic) would touch the surface it's resting on.

IMO I wouldn't think it's a big deal. It doesn't stick out much at all, and it's got sapphire glass covering it, so scratches should be minimal.

I'll go and have another play with it today at lunch time. I'll try putting it down on a table and see if it wobbles or see what part of the camera module touches the table.

It's a really nice device to be honest. However if the battery life is actually worse than the M8 and the camera is on par if maybe a little worse than the M8 in certain scenarios, then that's really not cool. However first impressions are positive. I liked what I saw.

coming from a nexus 5. worth it or no??

Yeah definitely. I had the Nexus 5. The M9 is better than it in pretty much every respect other than subjective stuff like design, software etc which is personal opinion.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
For people come from Nexus 5 , I do not really agree with the M9 .

If you ever had one Nexus 5 ( My bro got one , so i played a lot) , you will have no doubt about this monster will keep running faster than you can ever image , why should they changed to M9 ? For the Metal Design ? For the Lolipop?(Nexus 5 will have it first)?Or for the Blind or bleed (System from Htc)

People from Nexus 5 , go for S6 Edge , and From Nexus 4 , Just go for Note 4

You guys who have Nexus Phones , are the men holding monsters .

My nexus 4 is an un-stop - able Beast all the time
Y

until your nexus run out of juice, seriously, nexus line sucks in battery.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

If you ever had one Nexus 5 ( My bro got one , so i played a lot) , you will have no doubt about this monster will keep running faster than you can ever image , why should they changed to M9 ? For the Metal Design ? For the Lolipop?(Nexus 5 will have it first)?Or for the Blind or bleed (System from Htc)

Y

Dont know what your talking about honestly. Lollipop on my nexus 5 wasnt amazing, felt slower as opposed to kit kat. Battery life on that thing was abysmal. camera was eeeeh, everyone said it was a bad camera but i got plenty of good shots on it. build quality was horrendous. And if youre lucky enough like i was, you wont have to go through 4 one m9's in a year like i did with the nexus 5

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Y

M9 all the way!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I do not really think so , S6 or S6 edge is the Choice

Samsung Just Gives all its energy in one Punch , so here comes the S6 AND S6 edge

The design of the phone , and the remodeling of the Touchwiz , and also the unbeatable Metal and un-moved battery is the best thing that make your phone much more durable than you can image .

Why are you on every M9 forum thread pushing other phones? We get it you're not impressed with the M9. That's perfectly fine, but these threads are for discussing the M9, not why you think OnePlus, S6, etc. is better.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Why are you on every M9 forum thread pushing other phones? We get it you're not impressed with the M9. That's perfectly fine, but these threads are for discussing the M9, not why you think OnePlus, S6, etc. is better.

But he put random capital letters in his post, surely that makes it ok...? :confused:

Also, there are at least two M9 vs S6 threads ongoing

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
My brother bought the M9 today.

Had lunch with him, and he was in the market for a new phone, asked me what good phones are out, I said the M9 is out and the Galaxy S6 is coming out soon. We walked into a Telstra shop, he had a play around with it for about 5 minutes and then signed up on a contract. I asked if he's sure he wants to buy it and not to rush into a contract, but he said it's fine. He was on a Note 2 which runs like an absolute dog now, so he's been wanting a new phone for a while now. He got the gunmetal grey version.

While he was doing the paperwork, I played with the M9 some more. To be honest, the more I play with it, the more I like it. Feels even better in the hand than the M8. While the software isn't anything terribly new, it is super fluid, fast and consistent. It's also very visually pleasing which is something I can't say for other Android OEM skins. Again play testing the camera in the store, the camera photos actually look quite good on the phone's screen. You can zoom in a lot and things looked quite good.

I wish there was some sort of loan system where I could take the phone home and test it for a week before deciding to buy it or not. The phone is actually really quite nice. Nicer than what I've read from the reviews.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Had lunch with him, and he was in the market for a new phone, asked me what good phones are out, I said the M9 is out and the Galaxy S6 is coming out soon. We walked into a Telstra shop, he had a play around with it for about 5 minutes and then signed up on a contract. I asked if he's sure he wants to buy it and not to rush into a contract, but he said it's fine. He was on a Note 2 which runs like an absolute dog now, so he's been wanting a new phone for a while now. He got the gunmetal grey version.

While he was doing the paperwork, I played with the M9 some more. To be honest, the more I play with it, the more I like it. Feels even better in the hand than the M8. While the software isn't anything terribly new, it is super fluid, fast and consistent. It's also very visually pleasing which is something I can't say for other Android OEM skins. Again play testing the camera in the store, the camera photos actually look quite good on the phone's screen. You can zoom in a lot and things looked quite good.

I wish there was some sort of loan system where I could take the phone home and test it for a week before deciding to buy it or not. The phone is actually really quite nice. Nicer than what I've read from the reviews.

Let me tell you something. In the back of my mind. Even with all the disappointments as far as the evleaks not coming to fruition and the lukewarm reviews. Once I go to the store and test it out I am going to want to buy it. lol. I will pick up the S6 and be more impressed with it from a technical standpoint, but again in the back of my mind I am a having a hard time trusting Samsung long term. It will be new and shiny and have great specs like all galaxy's in the past have had but will the performance and battery life erode over time like past Galaxy phones? Say what you want about HTC but I've never had that problem with my M7. There is something to be said about a consistent fluid user experience and a mature looking UI. Anyway, we'll see...

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Let me tell you something. In the back of my mind. Even with all the disappointments as far as the evleaks not coming to fruition and the lukewarm reviews. Once I go to the store and test it out I am going to want to buy it. lol. I will pick up the S6 and be more impressed with it from a technical standpoint, but again in the back of my mind I am a having a hard time trusting Samsung long term. It will be new and shiny and have great specs like all galaxy's in the past have had but will the performance and battery life erode over time like past Galaxy phones? Say what you want about HTC but I've never had that problem with my M7. There is something to be said about a consistent fluid user experience and a mature looking UI. Anyway, we'll see...

I'm really excited I can order directly from HTC for $650 starting tonight. That's a fairly decent off contract price in my opinion.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm really excited I can order directly from HTC for $650 starting tonight. That's a fairly decent off contract price in my opinion.

I agree. Especially with the SD slot. Comparing the 64G of both the S6 and S6 edge to the M9 with 64GB (32 + 32). The S6 is $100 more and the S6 Edge is $200 more where I am. That's with or without contract. I have to really like the Sammy a lot when I see it to want to pay that kind of premium.

anon(5862363)

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

Man! If they offered free returns for first week (or two), i'd be ordering one tonight to try it. I really love the phone, but I'm scared to buy it because of camera.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
the one going on sale tonight is only for at&t right??

It's the AT&T sku, but it's unlocked. If I can find all the LTE bands it supports again I'll update.

EDIT: Here are the supported bands: 850/AWS/1900/2100MHz 3G UMTS as well as 4GLTE bands 2,3,4,5,7,12,13,17,29, and 30. Hope that helps.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

You'll have to let us know what he thinks about battery life.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
It's the AT&T sku, but it's unlocked. If I can find all the LTE bands it supports again I'll update.

EDIT: Here are the supported bands: 850/AWS/1900/2100MHz 3G UMTS as well as 4GLTE bands 2,3,4,5,7,12,13,17,29, and 30. Hope that helps.

Im not to knowledgable when it comes along to carrier specificity. Does this mean the version released tonight is compatible with Sprint?

wildclip

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

I hope they also have tmobile version up as well. Might as well get the Wi-Fi calling too

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

OK this means the unlocked version would play nice with T Mobile I assume?!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali