I have a Moto X Pure Edition, you have questions. Lets play!

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Serious question: can you give it to a female runner (or spindly built man) for a test run, and tell me how they carried it? Don't imagine it would fit at all into women's running shorts/skirts pockets, or an arm sleeve if you have normal sized arms? (I guess a man with larger arms may not have this problem...)

Also, can you upload some action shots (moving objects)?

Lastly, is the screen noticeably worse than OLED?

Thanks!

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Serious question: can you give it to a female runner (or spindly built man) for a test run, and tell me how they carried it? Don't imagine it would fit at all into women's running shorts/skirts pockets, or an arm sleeve if you have normal sized arms? (I guess a man with larger arms may not have this problem...)

Also, can you upload some action shots (moving objects)?

Lastly, is the screen noticeably worse than OLED?

Thanks!

The screen is not noticeably worse than OLED. I'm coming from a Galaxy S6 edge, and the screen doesn't feel like a downgrade.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Anybody nearby got a T-Mobile sim you can pop in to see what happens? as in, does WiFi Calling appear as an option?

It doesn't. WiFi calling isn't on the Pure Edition. There also is no VoLTE for T-Mobile (it is supposedly coming in an update though).

Source: Me... with my Motorola Pure Edition next to me on T-Mobile :).

Casey DC

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to hear or see a size comparison to the last Moto x, nexus 6, and droid turbo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Doh...missed question by a fews seconds...how is Verizon advanced calling?

Works great, same as on the Nexus 6. The option is called "Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" in the settings. It enables VoLTE / simultaneous data / HD calling. It does not enable the video calling feature.

cmenon12

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Why has the price for the Moto X Style gone up in the UK?? It was predicted to be £359, but now you can pre-order the Moto X Style off the Motorola store (32 GB, no additional things/covers) for £399!! This is just too much as it contradicts all the predictions, and it isn't such a good-value-for-money phone. It also doesn't match up with the exchange rate between pounds and dollars, as the phone costs $399. If the £399 was to be accurately converted to dollars, it would cost over $600. I have emailed the Motorola support team and I am waiting for a reply.

Has anyone got any theories/ideas why this has happened. It has really ruined the idea that the phone was at an affordable price, as it now, frankly, isn't.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Why has the price for the Moto X Style gone up in the UK?? It was predicted to be £359, but now you can pre-order the Moto X Style off the Motorola store (32 GB, no additional things/covers) for £399!! This is just too much as it contradicts all the predictions, and it isn't such a good-value-for-money phone. It also doesn't match up with the exchange rate between pounds and dollars, as the phone costs $399. If the £399 was to be accurately converted to dollars, it would cost over $600. I have emailed the Motorola support team and I am waiting for a reply.

Has anyone got any theories/ideas why this has happened. It has really ruined the idea that the phone was at an affordable price, as it now, frankly, isn't.

Just to clarify, these were predictions, correct?

Matt Machens

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay weird question, but I always have my polarized sunglasses on and some screens tend to blackout with them on. Have you viewed the screen with polarized lenses at all? I know on my DROID MAXX I can see fine but my computer monitor at work, not so much. Thanks!

Ziich47

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
How are the viewing angles? Is the accent flush with the rest of the back or is it slightly raised? Are the speaker grills raised? is there a bit of plastic where the front glass meets the metal frame?

fldivejunkie

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same concern as you. I just got my Moto X yesterday and have used it some with polarized sunglasses and while it does get darker, it doesn't completely blackout until you go to the extreme left/right. For me it's not a big deal and hasn't hindered using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez