I just bought a Nexus 6P but this Note 7 keeps calling me

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I really wanted to like the Nexus 6P so I could save a ton of money by purchasing that instead of the Note 7, but when I go to Best Buy and try out the Nexus 6P, it has always seemed pretty mediocre. I can't figure out what people like about it so much aside from it being a great value.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I really wanted to like the Nexus 6P so I could save a ton of money by purchasing that instead of the Note 7, but when I go to Best Buy and try out the Nexus 6P, it has always seemed pretty mediocre. I can't figure out what people like about it so much aside from it being a great value.

I can understand why the 6P seems mediocre... because it's just a simple phone with really no extra features and plain stock Android with no extra UI feature or extra apps.

But that's the whole appeal of the 6P... A solid phone with stock Android and no bloat. I install the apps I want, and if I want a different UI I can just load a different launcher. The other thing is my 6P has actually got faster and smoother over time with each update. The same was definitely not true with the Note's I've had in the past.

Then you take the Note 7 which has a lot of great extra features, especially the SPen, on really awesome hardware... but now you also have some not so great bloat along with and not so great update schedule. So it all makes for a really hard decision for some.