I just bought my first Android phone. Here's what I think.

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
That doesn't sound normal, you already returned the phone right? If not I'd be happy to help troubleshoot the returning notifications.
I finally returned it yesterday. I really wanted to like the Pixel. Overall I think if things get ironed out I may return to android again but it's not ready for me at the moment. Maybe the next Samsung Note will fit me better. We'll see.

Sent from mTalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I finally returned it yesterday. I really wanted to like the Pixel. Overall I think if things get ironed out I may return to android again but it's not ready for me at the moment. Maybe the next Samsung Note will fit me better. We'll see.

Sent from mTalk
Good luck! :).

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you'll like iOS.

Individual app control notifications for badges, notification on lock screen, sound, priority, vibrstion - that can be turned off at while. And unique sounds and vibration for each app.

Consistent and ease of use.

There is Notification Manager also for Android you might go for a spin.

I have iPhone, and Android Huawei as each has its pluses.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I get notifications from every app for no reason. Even after I dismiss the notification it comes back later for a lot of apps. It's super annoying.Even YouTube notifies me about videos It thinks I might want to watch. I don't understand why this phone bothers the user do much.

Those notifications are almost always user-configurable in the app... or you can fuss with them at the system level.. you have every app notify you constantly, not at all, or a million levels in between. It is entirely up to you. Sure, you could argue that the default behavior should be no notifications at all, but then users would complain that they never got any notifications and that having to go in and turn them on for each app is a pain in the butt.

As for screenshots.... why notify? So the user can then do what he sees fit, when they want to. In that notification is the option to either delete or share... the latter of which pops the menu to push that screenshot to whatever app/function they choose. The reason for the notification is so that screenshot can sit there, allowing the user to wait a bit before doing something with it. If you just wanted to save it, just swipe it away.

Dec 31, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you'll like iOS.

Individual app control notifications for badges, notification on lock screen, sound, priority, vibrstion - that can be turned off at while. And unique sounds and vibration for each app.

Consistent and ease of use.

There is Notification Manager also for Android you might go for a spin.

I have iPhone, and Android Huawei as each has its pluses.
I do not like IOS due to its file handling restrictions.

Sent from mTalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On a personal note... No longer going to be on the Lumia 650. I'm switching over to an Alcatel Idol 4S Windows with dedicated VR. Very nice to see VR come to the platform. Fibrum is really showing great initial support as well.

GraCal

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I just got a Pixel XL and really like it. Came from using BB10 for over 3 years. Took quite awhile and a lot of googling to get things set up but so far so good. I cannot see myself going back to my Z30.

I'm new to Android from BlackBerry as well. I picked up an S7, it took me a little time to get away from the physical keyboard, but now I'm pretty good at it. I use my phone 95% for work and I now have this thing humming. There is an email app called "Nine" (includes dark theme and a perfect LED option), add in the BlackBerry keyboard and it is near perfect. I never thought that I would step away from BB, but this has been a great experience.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to Android from BlackBerry as well. I picked up an S7, it took me a little time to get away from the physical keyboard, but now I'm pretty good at it. I use my phone 95% for work and I now have this thing humming. There is an email app called "Nine" (includes dark theme and a perfect LED option), add in the BlackBerry keyboard and it is near perfect. I never thought that I would step away from BB, but this has been a great experience.

I switched over to Android from BlackBerry a few years back - welcome aboard! Glad you are liking your Android experience thus far! Also, what is the BlackBerry keyboard like on Android?