I made a mistake and got the Note 10!

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
The most thing that caught my attention in the Samsung promo for the Note 10 was how it can do the bokeh effect live in videos and me being me and liking smaller phones, I bought the Note 10 today thinking I'm only missing out on a smaller battery and the SD Card slot but I was willing to compromise in order to have a smaller phone.

As I opened the box, I put the phone to charge but didn't turn it on yet. I then thought of looking at the differences between the regular Note 10 and the Plus only to realize that the Note 10 doesn't have the ToF sensor which means the most important feature that I bought the phone for isn't there.

I'm going tomorrow back to the store where I got it here in Dubai to exchange it with the Note 10 Plus but I hope they won't give me trouble since I did open the box. It's not easy to return a phone here unless it has a manufacturing defect not like in the US.

I'm super pissed that I didn't do my research well before buying it.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I was always getting the N10+ but at&t was offering $950 towards a 2nd phone if adding a new line... I spoke with my MIL and asked her if she wanted/needed a new phone. She was going to get the N10 off what I had said but she decided to do her own research... Thankfully she did, I never knew all the different features that were available only in the N10+

In my defense, I didn't even know the N10 was going out for presales until 8/17 and I hadn't seen any leaks, videos or write-ups about it due to being on vacation.

Good Luck tomorrow !!! Let us know how it goes

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
I was always getting the N10+ but at&t was offering $950 towards a 2nd phone if adding a new line... I spoke with my MIL and asked her if she wanted/needed a new phone. She was going to get the N10 off what I had said but she decided to do her own research... Thankfully she did, I never knew all the different features that were available only in the N10+

In my defense, I didn't even know the N10 was going out for presales until 8/17 and I hadn't seen any leaks, videos or write-ups about it due to being on vacation.

Good Luck tomorrow !!! Let us know how it goes

Hey man, so I went to the store today and explained the situation that the number one feature that I wanted in this phone is missing from the Note 10 so they agreed to exchange it despite me having had opened the box!

So I paid the difference and got the 512GB Note 10 Plus

Time to play now!! Thanks

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey man, so I went to the store today and explained the situation that the number one feature that I wanted in this phone is missing from the Note 10 so they agreed to exchange it despite me having had opened the box!

thank God they allowed you to switch.despite the box is opened.have fun now with the live video.its crazyyy.

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
thank God they allowed you to switch.despite the box is opened.have fun now with the live video.its crazyyy.

Yeah man that's usually impossible here in Dubai. Once you open anything you bought, it's yours unless it has a defect which mine didn't have obviously. All I was thinking was darnnnn! now time to find a buyer and sell it at a loss! Thank God they accepted.

Cheers

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah man that's usually impossible here in Dubai. Once you open anything you bought, it's yours unless it has a defect which mine didn't have obviously. All I was thinking was darnnnn! now time to find a buyer and sell it at a loss! Thank God they accepted.

Cheers

Dubai...very good place to test the video capabilities of the Note 10+...been to Dubai once.was awesome.the food is awesome too.and way nicer people compared to Indonesia.lmao.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site

Have fun! It is great they helped you out.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The TOF sensor is only used mostly for the AR effect. You do get bokeh videos on both Note 10 and 10+ and that feature isn't dependent on the TOF sensor. I used both Note 10 and 10+ for a week and every camera feature like the live focus videos worked on both phones.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Good to hear that things worked out for you. Enjoy your new toy:)

Super Spartan

Dec 21, 2018
Visit site
The TOF sensor is only used mostly for the AR effect. You do get bokeh videos on both Note 10 and 10+ and that feature isn't dependent on the TOF sensor. I used both Note 10 and 10+ for a week and every camera feature like the live focus videos worked on both phones.

ohh ok, good to know that. I freaked out when I saw no ToF sensor when comparing them both and thought that I wouldn't get the live focus in video. Oh well. Happy with my device anyways :) The camera is just insane

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69