I probably already know the answer to this, but...

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Not AWFUL by any means, no, but like, running Harmonia I could go two days easily without a charge, sometimes 3. Running the IHO build of CM7, I have to plug it in nightly. I use my phone heavily for texting, along with light web browsing, Twitter, listening to music to / from work...that's about it. No games or anything.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's about how it is for me and I had to plug my phone in every night before Harmonia. Sometimes even before that. I'll give cynogen a try

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
So that means cynogen has awful battery life?

Like he said above. BACKside still has good battery life. But I find Harmonia to be pretty amazing, and it's why I continue to use it for my day to day ROM. If I feel like futzing about with CyanogenMOD, I load my BACKside nandroid up and play around, as I have it all configured to do all the standard stuff I need anyway, email, phone/text obviously, calendar, etc.

Sooner or later (knowing you from this thread, probably sooner, lol) You'll probably have BACKside (or another) CM7 loaded up too. Once you have a nandroid backup of both, you can switch between them in a matter of minutes, by booting into recovery and loading the nandroid you want...

(You can use ROM Manager to rename your nandroid backups to make them more meaningful instead of just series of numbers. What I usually do is add a prefix to the automatically generated name. BS for BACKside, HRM for Harmonia. So they end up looking like HRM2011-09-16.02.32.16 for example. Then I know what it is, and what the date was and approx time I made the backup. But do NOT add any spaces to the name. I did that in the beginning and those nandroids wouldn't load).

I actually started today running BACKside, restored Harmonia for a few hours, then restored BACKside again. Currently on BACKside, but there's a good chance I'll be back on Harmonia before I go to bed tonight. It's really that easy to switch it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: cole2kb

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I want to try the BACKside. And I'll back up Harmonia so I can switch back when I'm feeling like it :)

Can somebody give me the thread link, please? I can't find it on my phone

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh. If I backed up my stuff in the recovery backup, is it safe from bricking? Or should I use titanium backup?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh. If I backed up my stuff in the recovery backup, is it safe from bricking? Or should I use titanium backup?

If you made a backup through the backup and restore menu in your recovery, then your entire setup is backed up. That includes all settings, apps, data. It's almost like freezing it in time and allowing you to go back to it. Titanium is for backing up your apps before installing a new ROM so you don't need to download them all and set them up again.

Sent via VM670

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadeharper