I see rainbow colors reflecting from the screen in direct sunlight. Is this normal?

wbprive

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone :)

I see rainbow colors reflecting from the screen when holding the Galaxy S6 in direct sunlight. Is this normal? It looks like iridescence (see Google pictures).

I don't see this with the HTC One M7 and Galaxy S2 so I'm kind of worried that this isn't normal.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
By chance, are you seeing this while wearing polarized sunglasses? If so, have you tried looking at it w/o them on?

I've had that problem with my polarized prescription sunglasses conflicting with other types of displays before, but not on a phone until I got the S6. Kinda annoying, but it is what it is.

wbprive

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I see this without wearing any glasses. You don't? :) I don't think there is something wrong with the display, but to be sure I would like to know if other people have this as well. Could you check that for me? Just hold your screen in direct sunlight and see if you get any rainbow color reflections on your amoled display.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I see this also, nothing to be concerned about. Long explanation that I won't go into about light being refracted by the glass etc. except to say that it is normal for some things to break down the light into the colors contained in it. This is why diamonds and other stones sparkle and you see color in the reflected light coming back at you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc