I tested positive for covid-19

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
I have mild asthma. Used to be severe as a kid. But I always wear a mask. My friend with COPD wears a mask. I don't want to get covid as I am high risk for getting a bad reaction to it and after spending 3 weeks in ICU in 2019 attached via tracheostomy to a ventilator, I never want to go through that again. So I mask up, stay indoors as much as possible and hope against hope I will avoid this thing.

Oh I can relate to the vent. I was on one for over two weeks fighting for my life in 2017. My tummy decided just to quit and implode on me, literally. After that experience, I don't want to see another vent. Irony is my mom was the fist fully "loaded" respiratory therapist that carried a PhD in our state. You would think I'd be ok with them. They are beyond my definition of a good time. I try to stay in myself with the occasional few outings. We really need to just bunker down until this mess passes. Stay healthy and we will get through this...😇

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Oh I can relate to the vent. I was on one for over two weeks fighting for my life in 2017. My tummy decided just to quit and implode on me, literally. After that experience, I don't want to see another vent. Irony is my mom was the fist fully "loaded" respiratory therapist that carried a PhD in our state. You would think I'd be ok with them. They are beyond my definition of a good time. I try to stay in myself with the occasional few outings. We really need to just bunker down until this mess passes. Stay healthy and we will get through this...
Sorry for your trauma as well. I am glad you got through it as well. It is quite hard sometimes seeing pictures of patients on the TV in ICU. Bring s back memories.

Stay safe and take care xx

Ranjen617

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for your trauma as well. I am glad you got through it as well. It is quite hard sometimes seeing pictures of patients on the TV in ICU. Bring s back memories.

Stay safe and take care xx

I totally agree with you. It's definitely a surreal moment to see this on TV. I have a buddy about to be vented today actually. We are in some very scary times. Wishing you the best of health...😇🤗

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomasgabel