If price was the same, would you still get the Nexus 5 over the Moto X?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
hmm, I will have to check on it, but I thought that was true for all of them, not just the iPhone. Whether or not they support all of the LTE bands of other carriers is a different story.

ETA - just double checked, the Verizon iPhone 5/5s, GNote2/3, Galaxy S3/4 and Moto X have GSM radios and will work on ATT and TMobile for talk/text. Whether they work on LTE for other carriers is a different story. The iPhone 5s will work on ATT and TMobile's LTE.

I think Verizon is requiring the manufacturers to put the GSM radios in their phones to make them world phones.

Thanks for
I knew about Apple previously a couple months ago when there were threads over at Imore telling people that were planning to pay full retail to buy the Verizon 5s, regardless of what carrier they were on. Simply because, if you were on AT&T or TMobile and planning to pay $650.00 anyway, you might as well buy the Verizon version, just in case you ever wanted to have compatibility with Big Red,

Honestly, if Verizon ever came out with an Android device that was fully capable of accessing all the bands for TMO and AT&T, I would consider it, though I am very happy with my current device.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
hmm, I will have to check on it, but I thought that was true for all of them, not just the iPhone. Whether or not they support all of the LTE bands of other carriers is a different story.

ETA - just double checked, the Verizon iPhone 5/5s, GNote2/3, Galaxy S3/4 and Moto X have GSM radios and will work on ATT and TMobile for talk/text. Whether they work on LTE for other carriers is a different story. The iPhone 5s will work on ATT and TMobile's LTE.

I think Verizon is requiring the manufacturers to put the GSM radios in their phones to make them world phones.

Out of curiosity, I also checked this a couple of days ago and confirmed the same thing. The verizon phones are becoming quite versatile. Nice.

Given my perception of verizon, they will still do everything they can to keep these limited to their own networks.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I went with the nexus 5 over the moto x. The nexus 5 just felt all around faster. It was a toss up with the camera. I did love the form factor of the moto x (dat dimple doe) Nexus 5 felt lighter and easier to slip in and out of my pocket. The display on the nexus 5 was obv better 720 compared to full 1080. But for 350 bucks I felt like the nexus 5 was a better choice. Especially with all that horsepower of the SD800 and more powerful GPU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej