I'm done. Too many issues, even after the March update.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If the first character of the serial number is a 1, the phone was manufactured 2021.

Second character is the month, 1-9 is January-September, and A, B, and C are October, November, and December.

I have no clue what 1F is.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry that your experience has been so awful! You gotta do what's right for you! What phone do you have your eye on now?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm so sorry that your experience has been so awful! You gotta do what's right for you! What phone do you have your eye on now?

No need to apologise - it's not your fault.

I ended up getting the Galaxy S22 Ultra. Doesn't seem to have the issues I ran into with the Pixel and calls/bluetooth are working perfectly.

I'm just surprised at how many issues the Pixel 6/6 Pro had. If Google are taking phones seriously, they have to do better than this.

StormnNJ

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I am still having BT issues so going to give it another week or so to see if it's addressed in the April update. The drops and robotic voice seem to have been fixed but now it randomly deletes previously paired devices or will not auto-connect to devices. Having my car or buds not connect and disappear from previous paired list I have to go through setup process. Again not the end of the world but aggravating to do since other phones work flawlessly with same devices.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am still having BT issues so going to give it another week or so to see if it's addressed in the April update. The drops and robotic voice seem to have been fixed but now it randomly deletes previously paired devices or will not auto-connect to devices. Having my car or buds not connect and disappear from previous paired list I have to go through setup process. Again not the end of the world but aggravating to do since other phones work flawlessly with same devices.

Does anyone think we will actually get the April update at the same time as everyone else?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Interesting thread to say the least. I just got my Pixel 6 Pro today as I got tired of the issues I was having with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I was having connectivity issues, Apple Music would not work, and my phone would randomly close out of apps, screen would go black, and phone would restart. Figured I'd be done with Apple and give the new Pixel a go. Fingers crossed I have good luck because I hate Samsung and would hate to have to try them. Lol

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
There isn't any evidence we won't get it at the same time either.
I would cite the past few months as evidence that we won't. I'd love to be wrong and that Google will correct whatever the hangup is with monthly updates for the Pixel 6 phones. Really doesn't matter to me, my phone is fine.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Pixel 6 today! The last update on this new phone was from November ugh. it's downloading the update now. I hope it's the March update with all the fixes

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I would cite the past few months as evidence that we won't. I'd love to be wrong and that Google will correct whatever the hangup is with monthly updates for the Pixel 6 phones. Really doesn't matter to me, my phone is fine.

Updates have been sporadic as Google have been trying to plug the multitude of issues with the phone, so they're needing more time to develop and test fixes. Problem is their patches introduce new issues to the phone so the next patch has to fix the new bugs. It's just a mess.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I'm having none of the issues listed in this thread with my P6Pro. Great phone. Had the 2xl, 4xl, and will probably get the 8 Pro.

saxjonz

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
So many posts. I'll say this, I have some of the same issues happening now. Still better than my apple. I'm thinking all phones have glitches. I get less spelling mistakes with the exception of to vs too as it seems to use to when too is needed and vice versus. The fingerprint thing is just not as good but not a deal breaker either. Phone has started to get hot a bit. Problem with replacing phone is that they tend to refurbish and give you someone else's returned phone after they supposedly fix. My reason for switching to android years ago. I had a great phone and battery went low and died on me, phone bricked. 18 replacements later with several new phones I just have up and bought apple. My brother was a manager at cell phone place so I used that privilege. I had a Nokia phone that was the Honda of phones.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No need to apologise - it's not your fault.

I ended up getting the Galaxy S22 Ultra. Doesn't seem to have the issues I ran into with the Pixel and calls/bluetooth are working perfectly.

I'm just surprised at how many issues the Pixel 6/6 Pro had. If Google are taking phones seriously, they have to do better than this.

That's so awesome that you went for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra! Yay! What colour did you get?

I do agree with you. They need to get the Tensor bugs and such fixed, or at least get a handle on them, because the Pixel 7 is six months away!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
At the very least Google needs to get a handle on the extreme differences reported in different samples. Hero and others report problems that made their Pixel 6's unusable and there are others, myself included, that report having none of those problems. It would seem that Google needs to tighten the acceptable bell curve of sample variation.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I was about 2 clicks away from buying an iPhone 13 pro max, however I held off and waited until the Mar update. That seemed to fix 90% of my issues. I still have random UI glitches, and RCS is still kind of broken. Google really needs to get better testing. This phone realistically should not have been released until October this year. I'm hoping the 7 is better, but Google's track record doesn't really leave me with a lot of confidence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
addrom