I'm done. Too many issues, even after the March update.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I also think the issues are exaggerated and many times caused by the users. I simply don't believe that quality control could be that bad where some devices don't have any network, wifi and bluetooth connectivity issues, while others are unusable. Now, before some of you get all upset, hear me out. I'm not implying it is really your fault or on purpose. Of course, there are always some "lemons" out there and that is horrible when it happens, and they need to take care of you.

This is just my experience. Long ago, with a Moto device (I think a Droid Charge), before the Pixel line even came out, I had one that had similar problems. I got a replacement device and used a backup of the prior one, with all the same apps, and guess what, the new device had the same problems. I then wiped the new device, and started from scratch, not allowing anything from the prior device to be restored. Added every single app, one at a time, set up every email account one at a time. After each app I added I made sure there were no issues.

My experience as an "old IT guy" going as far back to my old Droid devices, is that many of these problems being reported are the result of rogue apps (especially social media, FB in particular), too many apps running in the background, and problems carried over from backups added to backups. If I set the devices up from scratch, I never have the problems many are reporting. The only exception was one of the old Droids couldn't hold a signal and it was admitted it had a crappy antenna.

My only gripes with my P6P was that it took Google and/or Verizon forever to activate C-band, and the update glitches in December and March.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I also think the issues are exaggerated and many times caused by the users. I simply don't believe that quality control could be that bad where some devices don't have any network, wifi and bluetooth connectivity issues, while others are unusable. Now, before some of you get all upset, hear me out. I'm not implying it is really your fault or on purpose. Of course, there are always some "lemons" out there and that is horrible when it happens, and they need to take care of you.

This is just my experience. Long ago, with a Moto device (I think a Droid Charge), before the Pixel line even came out, I had one that had similar problems. I got a replacement device and used a backup of the prior one, with all the same apps, and guess what, the new device had the same problems. I then wiped the new device, and started from scratch, not allowing anything from the prior device to be restored. Added every single app, one at a time, set up every email account one at a time. After each app I added I made sure there were no issues.

My experience as an "old IT guy" going as far back to my old Droid devices, is that many of these problems being reported are the result of rogue apps (especially social media, FB in particular), too many apps running in the background, and problems carried over from backups added to backups. If I set the devices up from scratch, I never have the problems many are reporting. The only exception was one of the old Droids couldn't hold a signal and it was admitted it had a crappy antenna.

My only gripes with my P6P was that it took Google and/or Verizon forever to activate C-band, and the update glitches in December and March.

You think the pixel 6 issues that have been documented extensively in countless places and reviews are user error?

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
A phone that can't make/recieve phone calls or one that persistently drops calls or cannot form a stable bluetooth connection is a major, serious issue. This is an absolutely basic function a phone should have, and one that phones have had for decades. Yet the Pixel 6 has had issues with this.

I still have the Pixel, simply because of it's abysmal resale value and little interest, it's hard to sell. Aside from that, even if I didn't have it - care to show me where only Pixel owners are to post in the Pixel forum of AC? I didn't know that was a requirement.

Because your post is dismissive. You said the issues were 'greatly exaggerated', yet you said you didn't have them. So how could they be greatly exaggerated if you didn't experience them? You're deliberately trying to gaslight/dismiss issues people are having because you personally haven't experienced them.

'Hey guys, in my experience, cancer is greatly exaggerated. I personally have had zero issues with it'. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it? If you're not having issues with the phone, great, but that doesn't mean other people aren't and doesn't mean they're 'greatly exaggerated'.

Exactly right. Calls are the core functionality of a phone. Without that, it's not a phone. But no, apparently the phone has to blow up in your hand to be considered a 'serious' issue.

Very well said. You have always been an honest and helpful poster in my experience. I hope the s22 works out.

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't think that it is poor build that has made my experience with the P6 bad compared to previous Pixels/Nexuses. I mean I do not believe the hardware/software is not working as designed. I believe the problem is one of tradeoffs the designers have made and how those tradeoffs impact my particular use case.

Take the fingerprint sensor for example. I am sure it is operating as designed, but the decisions Google made with regard to balancing speed and security do not fit with how I use the phone. It is bad experience for me.

Same thing with connectivity. The modem they chose, the antenna design, are subpar for where I spend the majority of my time. This phone has the worst reception of any phone I have had in a long time for me.

Some things (like live translation) are hit or miss, but I'm not sure if that is the P6 or Android 12.

My phone gets very hot sometimes... Hotter than any previous phone. Again, it is my particular use case of apps (none are new from my previous phone).

Now I do give Google blame for the mess they have made of updates, but I am hoping that is fixed. Let's see if with the May update, they can get it right two months in a row.

Coming from my Pixel 2, I expected a enhanced experience from what I had with my P2. That is not what I got. Everyday, something about the P6 makes me wish I had bought a different phone. Currently saving for a replacement. May go with the P7 after I see reviews or something else, but I will not be keeping the P6 much longer than I can afford to.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that it is poor build that has made my experience with the P6 bad compared to previous Pixels/Nexuses. I mean I do not believe the hardware/software is not working as designed. I believe the problem is one of tradeoffs the designers have made and how those tradeoffs impact my particular use case.

Take the fingerprint sensor for example. I am sure it is operating as designed, but the decisions Google made with regard to balancing speed and security do not fit with how I use the phone. It is bad experience for me.

Same thing with connectivity. The modem they chose, the antenna design, are subpar for where I spend the majority of my time. This phone has the worst reception of any phone I have had in a long time for me.

Some things (like live translation) are hit or miss, but I'm not sure if that is the P6 or Android 12.

My phone gets very hot sometimes... Hotter than any previous phone. Again, it is my particular use case of apps (none are new from my previous phone).

Now I do give Google blame for the mess they have made of updates, but I am hoping that is fixed. Let's see if with the May update, they can get it right two months in a row.

Coming from my Pixel 2, I expected a enhanced experience from what I had with my P2. That is not what I got. Everyday, something about the P6 makes me wish I had bought a different phone. Currently saving for a replacement. May go with the P7 after I see reviews or something else, but I will not be keeping the P6 much longer than I can afford to.

I can understand what you are saying, *especially* if you came to the Pixel 6 from the Pixel 2.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

All of this.

I came from a 4XL and to be honest I was expecting better from Google. I have a 6pro, and it's less stable than my 4XL.

The reception is worse. I get less reception in places I was getting full bars. Which then impacts battery life.

For a phone with a 5000mah battery, battery life is pretty crap. I'm getting the same usage as my 4XL, and that had a 3700mah battery.

The phone gets really hot for no reason. I'll be scrolling Twitter on chrome. Battery gets hot. Playing first strike, battery gets ridiculously hot.

The fingerprint sensor is working within parameters, however that's still slower than the 2XL I had, and it's not even as close to how fast the face unlock of the 4XL was.

I'm really going to have to give Google a second look before I decide to purchase one of their phones again. The 6 series is kind of putting me off of them right now.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've complained about this POS many times.

Now I just want Google to replace it and they seem to be dancing around it, I've contacted them 3 times, sent them 4 bug reports and nothing.

I agree no phone is perfect though this is the first lemon I got out of 200 phones I bought...

FFS take care of your customers. Unbelievable!!!

Samsung owned up with the Note 7. I even got to keep the $200 credit.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've complained about this POS many times.

Now I just want Google to replace it and they seem to be dancing around it, I've contacted them 3 times, sent them 4 bug reports and nothing.

I agree no phone is perfect though this is the first lemon I got out of 200 phones I bought...

FFS take care of your customers. Unbelievable!!!

Samsung owned up with the Note 7. I even got to keep the $200 credit.

Read what I posted on the previous page, Google stonewalled and did absolutely nothing to address the problems. They hoped I would go away and I did. I truly believe they did not fully test the phones away from either the Wifi in their offices or the towers next door. The weak modem caused the battery to drain even after disabling virtually all of the supposed features of the phone’s design. I’m far from being an innocent newbie having the same cell number twenty nine years. I found Google’s advanced tech support to be totally inferior to their competitors and their take it or leave it attitude frankly disgusting. I traded in a perfectly running Note 9 and CASH for the 6 Pro, and they would not for one second deal with me at all. I finally ripped them a big one and told the head of the tech Dept on the phone to take a flying F for the way I was treated, sending them all the bug reports and live inspection of the phone for them to see the real problems under real live scenarios. The three plus months was a complete waste of my time, effort money and many others have experienced the same. Yeah sure, as I mentioned, those who sit by Wifi and close towers all day and night long won’t experience the same design handicapped problem. And as for the reviewers who gave this phone the most glowing reviews without they themselves straying away from their high speed Wifi, they bowed down to Google full tilt and boogie. Sometimes people need to speak out against these gigantic tech entities who think they rule the world and call it like it is! They have strayed so far from real positive customer service, it’s pathetic. I finally got a head guy at my longtime carrier to recognize the situation and he stepped forward. I still have all the Google reports and emails I sent to them. I hope with Google, they’re reading this as karma will affect them, sooner or later. My current phone is running fine and dandy and as I’ve mentioned, I will never buy a newly designed Pixel phone again. Lesson learned. Bembol, dump the POS and move on. Google will stonewall you to kingdom come.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
@Climb14er

I am.

If I can drop Google all together I would but I love my phones too much.

This is sad.

When I dropped my Huawei P30 Pro and had to get the display replaced. I really thought Huawei would be the company to give me a headache but I was wrong. They even save me money on the cost of repair by taking care of labour.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it's time to unsubscribe from this too.

I don't need this stress. LOL

Thanks all, see you all at Samsung S22U forums.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm a huge pixel fan, but don't own a 6. I do have to say though, that over the years I've heard mostly negatives about Google's customer service. So if I ever need to use them I fully expect it to be a miserable experience. But I'm kinda used to that anymore, since most all customer service has went down the toilet :(

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I will not trade security for a 500 milliseconds faster unlock.

If you truly dislike Google nosiness and really want security, install GrapheneOS on your Pixel, and use Vanadium (or Bromite) as your browser. Get your apps from F-Droid.

Poof! No more Google in your life.

Not many will be able to survive without all of the garbage that they think they “need” on their personal phone.

Last edited:

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a huge pixel fan, but don't own a 6. I do have to say though, that over the years I've heard mostly negatives about Google's customer service. So if I ever need to use them I fully expect it to be a miserable experience. But I'm kinda used to that anymore, since most all customer service has went down the toilet :(

Isn't that the truth! Just navigating most automated phone menus to get to someone who can actually help is an ordeal.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I will not trade security for a 500 milliseconds faster unlock.

If you truly dislike Google nosiness and really want security, install GrapheneOS on your Pixel, and use Vanadium (or Bromite) as your browser. Get your apps from F-Droid.

Poof! No more Google in your life.

Not many will be able to survive without all of the garbage that they think they “need” on their personal phone.

Those are cool browser choices! I may have to look into them. I use Brave!

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Isn't that the truth! Just navigating most automated phone menus to get to someone who can actually help is an ordeal.

Those things are an abomination.

Whoever decides to have one installed should be required to go through it for all their in-house phone calls for at least one year.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Those are cool browser choices! I may have to look into them. I use Brave!

I use the Microsoft Edge browser on all my PCs and on my P6Pro. My favorites are always in perfect sync between all my devices. I like that. Most of the time I'm on my Dell XPS laptop when I'm on the forum as I touch type and prefer a keyboard.