In car audio solution

Mark Calica

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, just got my one M8 and so far I'm loving it. I just have one inquiry about how to make my phone play through my in car audio. I have an iPod adapter that worked with my old phone and I thought it would work with the M8. Is it because the micro USB doesn't support audio play back?. Is there any work around this?. I also need a file management system cause android file transfer does not recognize my phone. BTW I'm using a MAC mini. I also added a 16gb micro SD. Thanks guys...

BadgerVadge907

May 3, 2014
Visit site
do you have an aftermarket head unit? or oem? i hate that everything works for ipods. if that dont work you probably have to use the auxiliary or a usb stick.

BadgerVadge907

May 3, 2014
Visit site
also i didnt see the part where you have a mac...u need usb drivers or else manually load in a card reader, or wifi transfer app. theres alot of ways

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you have an aux in, you can get a 3.5mm cable and connect to the headphone port. Otherwise, you can use a usb cable, just put the phone in disk drive mode, and the unit should see the phone as a flash drive, and you should be able to access the files.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I just go Bluetooth all the time.... but if you don't have that options the next best is to use the Aux In and a cable. The cable is what I had to use on my last car, but I really like my new car with the Bluetooth streaming.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Alpine and Pioneer both make sub $200 stereos head units with Bluetooth that work great with this phone. Short of that about the only thing that is going to work with that obviously older factory unit is a cassette adaptor or FM modulator. If you do any sort of traveling skip the FM modulator. They're crappy enough to begin with without adding a variable like travel between cities. I have the Alpibe which is $199 @ Best Buy. That one is a little high because it includes XM/Sirius. The Pioneer is available at most stereo shops for $149. I never understood why car manufacturers would do something as stupid as put in a propriety jack without at least a simple auxillary jack.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Alpine and Pioneer both make sub $200 stereos head units with Bluetooth that work great with this phone. Short of that about the only thing that is going to work with that obviously older factory unit is a cassette adaptor or FM modulator. If you do any sort of traveling skip the FM modulator. They're crappy enough to begin with without adding a variable like travel between cities. I have the Alpibe which is $199 @ Best Buy. That one is a little high because it includes XM/Sirius. The Pioneer is available at most stereo shops for $149. I never understood why car manufacturers would do something as stupid as put in a propriety jack without at least a simple auxillary jack.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Yeah, I agree I think a new head unit is the way to go.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Using a USB cable.... which means you usually have to have a modern/newer unit that has a USB port as input.
Thanks, but is there an actual setting on the phone, or is it just a reference to plugging it in via USB? My car is new and has USB, I just never heard of putting a phone into a disc drive mode and wanted to know if that was a setting on the M8.

Also, to the OP, instead of $200 on a head unit, look into the $27 device I mentioned earlier. It allows you to stream bluetooth music to your Aux input.

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
If you do any sort of traveling skip the FM modulator. They're crappy enough to begin with without adding a variable like travel between cities.
I'll have to emphatically disagree with you. Perhaps you meant to say that FM transmitters are crappy, which I agree with. FM modulators are fantastic, and it doesn't matter where you travel.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but is there an actual setting on the phone, or is it just a reference to plugging it in via USB? My car is new and has USB, I just never heard of putting a phone into a disc drive mode and wanted to know if that was a setting on the M8.

I don't believe it is something you need to set, BUT I believe you do need to enable "Developer options" by going into Settings > About > Software information > More > tap the build number until it says you have enabled developer options.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
If you wanna keep your factory stereo I would put in an fm modulator so you can add an auxiliary jack. Then you can plug in a bluetooth receiver to the auxiliary jack and stream through bluetooth if you wanted too.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae