In my car, my husband's phone number disappears from recent call list but, everyone else's shows up?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I will be on the phone with him and we hang up. And then later when I try to use the recent call list in my car, his number does not show up, even though I had talked to him earlier. My car bluetooth, shows recent calls even when I have not been in the car.
I usually make calls while traveling using bluetooth. So, my sister's numbers for example, always show up.
Then, the next day, I talk to him in my car again and his number shows up the rest of the day..........I am confused why it doesn't show up ALL the time.
An app? like Line or What's app? Could that be the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What make/model year is the car? Is it the factory-installed system, or is it aftermarket? Have you already tried forgetting the car connection in your phone's Bluetooth settings (and also forgetting your phone in the car's system), and re-pairing the phone?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

llbelelkc1

Dec 11, 2020
Visit site
Ford Expedition 2017 Factory And I tried unpairing, etc. His number is the only one that does it. Everyone else's phone number and name show up in recent calls. While on the phone it shows up but we hang up and it is gone when I try to use 'recent calls' to call him back so I don't have to use my contacts from my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ford Expedition 2017 Factory And I tried unpairing, etc. His number is the only one that does it. Everyone else's phone number and name show up in recent calls. While on the phone it shows up but we hang up and it is gone when I try to use 'recent calls' to call him back so I don't have to use my contacts from my phone.
Hi, welcome to AC!

Do you know if this the stock head unit or aftermarket one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your husband's name/number also saved locally to the car system's contacts? If so, see what happens if you delete it from the car (not from the phone).

Aithan

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
A shot in the dark here, but here are some thoughts related to phone calls and phone functions:

Could it be a privacy setting related to your husband's phone number / user account if you're using a different app to manage calls and/or SMS which may be preventing it from being seen on the head unit display? Does your phone itself always show his previous calls?

Comparing him to your sister, are they using the same or different type of phone OS? Are their contact information inputted similarly? For example, both directly inputted into your Contact app and not imported from some other communication app?