[INDEX] EI22 Gingerbread ROMs/Themes/Kernels & Mods List

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I just rooted my phone. Could anyone recommend me a good ROM for a first timer at rooting?? I finally took the plunge guys!! I said, "if keithvetter can do it.....DAMN IT....SO CAN I!!!!....lol! Also, do I need to flash a particular ROM in order to have a theme work properly or not?? I'm interesting in honeycomb fusion theme btw! Thanks!

Groove, welcome to the dark side. I flashed 3 different roms now and would suggest 2. The legendary EI22 R1 is very stable and has the look and feel of the stock gb. And I have loaded the honeycomb theme on it without a problem. I would also suggest the ACS ICS ROM but would load v5.1 as 5.5 has no way to toggle 4g on and off. I have also loaded the honeycomb theme with that as well. either of those roms will run fine with the honeycomb theme.

Always download the roms and themes with your computer and not your phone. The only issues I've had were when I downloaded the files using my phone. Lost packets and corrupted files were the problem when I used the phones 4g connection.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Groove, welcome to the dark side. I flashed 3 different roms now and would suggest 2. The legendary EI22 R1 is very stable and has the look and feel of the stock gb. And I have loaded the honeycomb theme on it without a problem. I would also suggest the ACS ICS ROM but would load v5.1 as 5.5 has no way to toggle 4g on and off. I have also loaded the honeycomb theme with that as well. either of those roms will run fine with the honeycomb theme.

Always download the roms and themes with your computer and not your phone. The only issues I've had were when I downloaded the files using my phone. Lost packets and corrupted files were the problem when I used the phones 4g connection.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips Keith! Much appreciated!!

I just flashed legendary ROM on my phone and did a pre-ROM wipe in order to avoid problems. I just like doing clean installs. Avoid problems this way. I think I'm going to stick with legendary for now and once the dark side calls again, I will install ACS ISC, lol! Honey comb fusion theme is next!! I don't know whether I should be excited or worried, lol!!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Question......should you always to do a pre-ROM wipe when flashing a new/upgraded ROM?? Or should it not matter for the most part??

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Question......should you always to do a pre-ROM wipe when flashing a new/upgraded ROM?? Or should it not matter for the most part??

If you're upgrading from one version of a ROM to another version of the same ROM and it's mostly an incremental update, you should be fine flashing without a wipe. If you're flashing a completely different ROM, you should definitely wipe 3 times before flashing.

Honestly, to be safe, you should always wipe, cause some people have problems with non-wiping updates, but it's up to you. Every phone's different.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you're upgrading from one version of a ROM to another version of the same ROM and it's mostly an incremental update, you should be fine flashing without a wipe. If you're flashing a completely different ROM, you should definitely wipe 3 times before flashing.

Honestly, to be safe, you should always wipe, cause some people have problems with non-wiping updates, but it's up to you. Every phone's different.

Sounds to me like I should just do the wipe, lol! I like to have no problems with whatever I'm doing so if wiping prevents problems, thats what I'll do. Also, whats with wiping 3 times?!?! Does 1 wipe leave ghost images or something??

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure why they ask us to wipe 3 times, but that seems to be the standard. Presumably 1 wipe isn't enough? Most devs recommend you wipe cache, dalvik cache and "wipe data/factory reset" three times each before flashing.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure why they ask us to wipe 3 times, but that seems to be the standard. Presumably 1 wipe isn't enough? Most devs recommend you wipe cache, dalvik cache and "wipe data/factory reset" three times each before flashing.

I'll take note of that! Thanks!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Legendary RC2 and have noticed that I can no longer answer my text messages directly from the unlock screen like on RC1. Is it possible to change it or am I just going to have to flash back to RC1? This problem is quite annoying for me unfortunately. Maybe I'll just try out some other ROMS, lol! Anyhow, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Update...

Added to Other Mods

[MOD]TSM.MOD_by_MADDOGGN/(ten_locks)[MOD] (The famous multi lockscreen mod now updated to support EI22 Gingerbread)

Added to Themes

[THEME][EI22][8LOCKSMOD][PORT]Shake & Bake 11/29/11
[Theme] [ei22] SooperPink Beta 2

Reactions: jmuru

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
[MOD]TSM.MOD_by_MADDOGGN/(ten_locks)[MOD] (The famous multi lockscreen mod now updated to support EI22 Gingerbread)

FYI, it looks like you need to edit the link for this MOD. When I clicked it, I got sent to the XDA home page. I think you accidentally put two "http"s in the link. Thanks.

And thanks for keeping us informed about new things for our Epics. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FYI, it looks like you need to edit the link for this MOD. When I clicked it, I got sent to the XDA home page. I think you accidentally put two "http"s in the link. Thanks.

And thanks for keeping us informed about new things for our Epics. :)

Thanks for catching that... Link fixed.

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a head's up that RandomKing removed the WIP tag off his latest update of RandomRom ThunderHawk v3.2. For those of you that don't know, this ROM (or, at least its Froyo version - Phoenix) is known for its fantastic battery life.

I used it for most of my time on Froyo as my daily driver and I'm pretty excited about this release. It's definitely worth checking out :)

Here's the link: RandomROM ThunderHawk 2.3. Enjoy :D

TransBat

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
jmuru beat me to it, but RandomKing's RandomROMs have become my favorite daily driver. His new 3.2 Thunderhawk version is simply fantastic. I highly recommend checking it out :D

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking at most of the ROMs posted in this thread and watching for updates, since I'm still on stock rooted right now. The ThunderHawk ROM seems to have a much longer installation method though, involving going back to a version of Froyo and rooting that before flashing a Gingerbread modem and installing it. Since this is apparently an official build now, is this the only proper way to install it? This may not be hard (doesn't really look it), but it does seem like it will take extra work that most other ROMs don't have. SleeperROM even has a non-wiping version, though a clean install is recommended. Just curious if there's a more straightforward way to install this one or not. Thanks.

Last edited:

jmuru

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there's any reason you can't just flash this in CWM straight from stock rooted GB. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Trekker

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know where the wallpaper for Legendary RC2 is stored? I want to save it for later in case I change things.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia