[Index] Froyo EC05 ROM's, Kernels, Themes & Mods 7/25/11

JonOvalle

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
guys, where could i find the midNIGHT v5 Honeycomb theme?? any ideas?
I really dont feel like downloading random files from google. :-/

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
guys, where could i find the midNIGHT v5 Honeycomb theme?? any ideas?
I really dont feel like downloading random files from google. :-/

Two options.

I believe there is a HC theme from the Market and the there is an excellent version of HC available in the Themes post of this INDEX thread

Reactions: JonOvalle

JonOvalle

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Two options.

I believe there is a HC theme from the Market and the there is an excellent version of HC available in the Themes post of this INDEX thread

cool. ill try it.
i saw a "midNIGHT Theme v5 (Honeycomb). - Multiupload.com - upload your .."
when i searched google, but something tells me it might not be a safe thing to dl. lol.

lancelot916

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing and reading about the Baked Snack 2.3 kernel and I've used hero's stuff back in the D18 days. And I know this forum can't post his link, but is there a way to get this kernel without paying $5 for membership into his forums? I'm just curious. It's not that I'm not willing, but I'm simply not sure what the process is.

Googling just brings me to his personal site where you need to donate, become a member, then get access. Is this the correct and only way to get that kernel?

anon(67968)

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm fairly new to the root and flashing process. I started with Pauls excellent ACE ROM awhile ago and went to Heros Baked Snack. I just signed up and donated and was worth it just to support someone that made my phone that much better. I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but all of these people that put forth the effort to make our phones better deserve something of some kind. I gained a lot of knowledge just reading through his forums and the forums here through Paul and Rag and everyone else. I've since switched to SFR ROM and haven't had any problems but am about to go try out the Baked Snack 2.3 Kernel just to see the difference. I say just donate and get access to all there that is offered there and try it out for yourself. It's a pretty simple process. I had access in no time. All of these guys get huge thanks from me. They made it easy to learn and even easier to take off some of the training wheels and get into tinkering with my phone on my own.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing and reading about the Baked Snack 2.3 kernel and I've used hero's stuff back in the D18 days. And I know this forum can't post his link, but is there a way to get this kernel without paying $5 for membership into his forums? I'm just curious. It's not that I'm not willing, but I'm simply not sure what the process is.

Googling just brings me to his personal site where you need to donate, become a member, then get access. Is this the correct and only way to get that kernel?
Yes that is correct.

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
quick thanks

wanted to give a quick thanks to Paul627g and Ragnarokx for timely help, support and all the documentation they referenced and wrote. And also making the process believable .

Have gone from not being able to figure out how to set the wallpaper through Gallery to loading multiple ROMS, resetting back to stock, backups, installing themes and even tried the GPS fix .

Will be qetting alot more mileage out of this Epic, not due to Mfg and Carrier - but due to the enthusiasts and devs that frequent this forum.

mjbelknap

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Animations

Is there a list anywhere of no-CIQ boot and shutdown animations? Does it even matter between CIQ and no-CIQ? And finally, will animations from previous versions still work? (i.e. eb13, dk28)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there a list anywhere of no-CIQ boot and shutdown animations? Does it even matter between CIQ and no-CIQ? And finally, will animations from previous versions still work? (i.e. eb13, dk28)
Boot/shutdown animations does not conflict with CIQ, there should be no problem.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Just to verify, if I flash a theme, I should not loose any data, right? Just put the .zip on the SD card, boot into Clockwork, flash .zip, reboot, and everything is golden, right?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
But that won't wipe any data, will it?
No, not if you just do cache and dalvik cache. DON'T WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET. That will wipe your data. These two I mentioned (cache/dalvik cache) are basically manditory now for flashing today's themes, if you don't wipe those two mentioned you will probably end up in a flood of FC's.

Reactions: 5111

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just added another theme...

Honeycomb Fusion 2.0 /+Addons! (SRF/Bonsai/midNight compatible)

For anyone that flashed this when they were running EB13 version ROMs this was a hot Honeycomb theme.. I haven't tried the new version yet but looking at the work put into the theme it should be a winner if your a fan of a complete Honeycomb makeover.

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
No, not if you just do cache and dalvik cache. DON'T WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET. That will wipe your data. These two I mentioned (cache/dalvik cache) are basically manditory now for flashing today's themes, if you don't wipe those two mentioned you will probably end up in a flood of FC's.
As usual Paul, you rock!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001