Initial Impressions of the HTC 10

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Your reply didn't really relate to the point of my comment (that cracking America isn't the barometer by which we measure if a company is "no name" or not). You just decided to criticise Huawei instead. Sure Huawei phones can - and do have problems. Same as any other phone manufacturer has problems. And if you're going to talk about bending, Apple's iPhone 6 bent in people's pockets, so I'm not sure what your point is there. I guess Apple must just be a two bit company too in your eyes huh? You still seem to have something against Huawei just because they're not big in the US. America's beloved Apple have sure had their problems in the past, with the aforementioned "bendgate" and remember the iPhone 4 which you had to hold in a certain way or you lost your signal!!!! So yeah, I don't know what you're trying to prove with your comments, other than continuing to prove your ignorance.

Posted via the Android Central App

I love huawai the p9 to be exact. And yes I do think apple sucks as a company even tho I just bought an iPad 4 mini for "FaceTime" cuz it's all the family knows.

The majority of my family is apple everything!

and every company tries to be big in America! It's important for obvious reasons.

posted via the lovely innovative Priv by BlackBerry - Powered by Android

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I love huawai the p9 to be exact. And yes I do think apple sucks as a company even tho I just bought an iPad 4 mini for "FaceTime" cuz it's all the family knows.

The majority of my family is apple everything!

and every company tries to be big in America! It's important for obvious reasons.

Yeah, America is considered a big market, but to call a company "no name" just because it hasn't broken the American market is arrogant and unfair IMO. Huawei have made a name for themselves in other big markets so they're hardly "no name" in the big wide world. Like I say, your comment makes it sound like a company hasn't 'made it' until they've cracked America, which is wrong.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC 10 Can't win (Even though I want it to)/ Ramblings of a fortysomething

Huawei is #3 on the list of smartphone shipments. Behind Sammy and Apple. Worldwide they're a pretty big deal.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I would agree with you. I have friends in other circles that have Android devices, but within that particular setting (that party), everyone uses an iPhone. Even the kids are walking around with iPhone 6's. Android phones are just not recognized. Small town in KY though, so not an ideal control group :) Sorry, the response is for Mdbills484, still figuring out posting

I would also say with confidence, that I was the only one there that opened an account on Android Central just to post about their phone choices. Most of them could care less about other options, you just buy an iPhone like everyone else
Its funny but most of the I.T. people in my utility use android despite the fact that for business use the company provides IPhones.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Actually the bending isnt common to their other phones. There were some early rumors circulating last year that Google ogle didn't really give Huawei as much time as they're used to for developing the 6p so they may have rushed the reinforcement of the body and design of the phone around the volume button areas in order to release the phone on time. The other rumor that was circulating was that Huawei was trying to keep their phone under the price range given by Google so that resulted in a cheaper frame. I'm unsure which rumor is true if any of it is true but I do know that Huawei usually makes some good stuff and their phones are usually rock solid in build quality. For example, I know I love my Huawei watch. I sold my gear s2 on ebay due to the wrist strap issue and lack of apps and Huawei's watch has been performing like a champ from day one. I also didn't like how Samsung removed many of the best features from the s2 that was in previous gear watches but still jacked up the price.
Neither one seems likely to be true as the bend-gate thing was almost wholly made up and what wasn't was greatly exaggerated. There aren't any glaring build quality issues with the 6P.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Judging by all the YouTube 6p bend tests seems like their engineering is still in its infancy phase

According to YouTube, several celebrities are really lizard aliens and you can whiten your teeth and lose weight by taking a little blue pill. The goal of YouTube videos is to generate clicks, not to spread news or knowledge. The bend-gate thing has been seriously debunked (it was almost immediately) and a basic review of even these forums can establish the details of that.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: The HTC 10 is official - Initial impressions

I may have missed the transition, but what does the HTC 10 have to do with Huawei's market share?