Installed the Whitestone dome glass - it's amazing..

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
For those looking for a real tempered glass with full adhesive, incredible clarity , that buttery smooth glass feel you are used to and a killer oleophobic coating look no further, this is the one.

We finally have a glass for a Samsung phone that feels like what I am used to from Zagg on my iPhones or flat screen devices.

Let me also say I have ZERO touch issues as well and the fit is great on my S8!

Installation was a breeze and it looks amazing, only currrnt issue I have is my Incipio NGP Advanced does not fit since it's a very small and tight case, it's just a tad too tight on the power button side.

I am using a Spigen thin fit in the meantime, but holy hell this thing is great.

If you want a real glass screen protector that has full screen adhesive, this is the best you will find right now and to be honest it's so good I expect all manufacturers to be copying this method as we go forward since it's the best to date.

Cheers!

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you post some high-res pictures? I'm especially interested in seeing how it fits around the edges. Also, did you have any challenge with bubbling underneath? Is the protector removable without damage to the device?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Can it be removed without damaging the phone?

That's my biggest concern. Glue that is UV hardened may get very hard over time. Either it will become an issue to remove or it will come off on its own.

I'm afraid that it will be a while before somebody properly tests this. Not to mention this this is a one-shot deal. No removal and reinstall is possible.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
The glue does not become a solid, it becomes a jelly. The uv method is used because it is hard for the solution to dry on its own through evaporation with glass. I imagine down the road a solution mixed with a catalyst will be used.

I'm going to wait to see some of my favorite brands release their own at better prices.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have only seen one review where they remove it, seems normal in it's removal but for $45, I am not going to test it till the time is needed.

The feel of this glass just is great though, I tried Zagg's at first and it was terrible, felt like plastic , looked cloudy, was earliest and showed the glue ring around the glass and had numerous dead spots where I lost touch.

This however is everything the Zagg is not :)

Still amazing , if you can find it, this is a go.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I viewed the installation videos and it looks good although like others I did wonder about the Uv bit.

One I'll be watching for further reviews from owners.

I'm using the Official Samsung film screen protector which works fine with my RhinoShield Bumper.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I was doing some reading on a YouTube review and someone said it looks like LOCA glue. You can get it for like 15 bucks with a UV light and use it with any screen protector for the same effect.

Does it work well with OtterBox defender?

I'm thinking either the Whitestone or bodyguardz. Might even try something else and use the LOCA glue.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Can you post some high-res pictures? I'm especially interested in seeing how it fits around the edges. Also, did you have any challenge with bubbling underneath? Is the protector removable without damage to the device?

Yes, some high-rez pictures would be nice.

I'm just a little scared of the "Sticky & Stinky" glue. :-\

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Soooooooo, I discovered that this LOCA glue is no stranger to the mobile market in any way. It has been used in repairing and rebonding LCD panels to Glass for many years now, and is one of the more exclusive choices thanks due to its clear optical properties and no color changing over time.

It does seem however after the glue has been properly cured, it becomes a hard jelly. Now in the case we saw on youtube it came off clean but this may either have been due to a poor cure job (he did keep pulling the light off before it turned off) or that the gorilla glasses oleophobic coating simply offered up less resistance than the tempered glass, but under normal use it has been known to need cleanup, either using a plastic scraper, heated blade edge, or a degreaser like goo-b-gone.

Plenty of info here; LOCA Glue is The Best Adhesive You Have Never Heard Of

CDH

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Have one on order, should be here Tuesday, looking forward to getting it on screen, will share thoughts after.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Soooooooo, I discovered that this LOCA glue is no stranger to the mobile market in any way. It has been used in repairing and rebonding LCD panels to Glass for many years now, and is one of the more exclusive choices thanks due to its clear optical properties and no color changing over time.

It does seem however after the glue has been properly cured, it becomes a hard jelly. Now in the case we saw on youtube it came off clean but this may either have been due to a poor cure job (he did keep pulling the light off before it turned off) or that the gorilla glasses oleophobic coating simply offered up less resistance than the tempered glass, but under normal use it has been known to need cleanup, either using a plastic scraper, heated blade edge, or a degreaser like goo-b-gone.

Plenty of info here; LOCA Glue is The Best Adhesive You Have Never Heard Of

Sure don't want to use a hot soldering iron to get the glue off my display after it has cured. :-\

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Sure don't want to use a hot soldering iron to get the glue off my display after it has cured. :-\

haha, yea the whole sharp edge process was like.. "nah... i'll squirt some goo-b-gone and be done with it". Seriously though I shouldn't expect any steel edge to be able to mark up the glass at all.. so it probably just sounds worse then it actually is.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not that I've used, a small metal wheel. Agree that a razor blade would be okay is used lightly, but your original statement was a little overly encompassing :) I'm also not so sure about the hardness of the gorilla glass, I get the impression it's more tough than hard.