insufficient storage available to update apps?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The only real permanent fix is to simply delete media files. It sucks that it is even necessary, but there really is no way around it. I can store a good sized chunk of my MP3 library (6 gigs) and a few ebooks, but I can't keep videos or comics or whatever on my phone anymore.

Well, I understand reality is that it is difficult to toss an expensive phone. Lessons learned are for next time. For the moment, it is what it is. In fact, however, I'd have to suggest that the real "permanent fix" is not to buy things that don't have SD card slots if you want lots of media files. I know current Nexus owners don't want to hear that, but your story and the OP's are both good examples of why "no SD card slot" was an absolute deal breaker for me and a priority over other issues. I am a media junkie. I have over 50 gigs of Mp3s. I like having that.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I understand reality is that it is difficult to toss an expensive phone. Lessons learned are for next time. For the moment, it is what it is. In fact, however, I'd have to suggest that the real "permanent fix" is not to buy things that don't have SD card slots if you want lots of media files. I know current Nexus owners don't want to hear that, but your story and the OP's are both good examples of why "no SD card slot" was an absolute deal breaker for me and a priority over other issues. I am a media junkie. I have over 50 gigs of Mp3s. I like having that.

Unfortunately in today's world, if you buy a product and didn't do the proper research and understand the principles involved prior to the purchase, the likelihood of making a poor decision is fairly high. After making that mistake, to start complaining about the product you purchased, rather than your poor choice in selecting that product, is rather ridiculous. If you want a car that can do 140mph in 1/4 mile, buying a Toyota Prius, and then complaining to everyone on a Toyota Forum, that Toyota made a mistake designing the Prius because it doesn't go fast enough, is rather stupid in my opinion and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
For the moment, it is what it is. In fact, however, I'd have to suggest that the real "permanent fix" is not to buy things that don't have SD card slots if you want lots of media files.
The problem with that fix is that you will be forced to use a phone polluted with a vendor skin. Which is a lot worse than not having SD.

So you have to pick the lesser of two evils. I would rather live without SD than have to live with pollution like Touchwiz or Sense or Motoblur. I have experienced all three and I absolutely despise them.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem with that fix is that you will be forced to use a phone polluted with a vendor skin. Which is a lot worse than not having SD.

So you have to pick the lesser of two evils. I would rather live without SD than have to live with pollution like Touchwiz or Sense or Motoblur. I have experienced all three and I absolutely despise them.

I'll have to disagree with that. I like Samsung's features. If I didn't, they'd be a minor inconvenience compared with losing 50 gigs of music and all my ebooks. Without removable batteries and SD card slots and a good screen size, the phone is impractical to use for my purposes.

But there's an obvious solution...you can always buy a S4 and root it if you hate the touchwiz so much. And then you have the SD card slot and the removable batteries and the big screen, too. I don't much think it's worth the effort to do personally, but it's always an option. OTOH, you can't add a SD card slot to a Nexus....so, you're trapped without a solution. That was the logic to me.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
First why in Jesus name do u have a task killer? Task killer is a no no with android. Second how many magazines do u have stored on the device? Second get drop box or use Google+ to store photos. And dump atk

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
But there's an obvious solution...you can always buy a S4 and root it if you hate the touchwiz so much.
You would think so. But I have gone that route before...and there are always issues associated with that. Might be different now that there is a GE S4. People can make ROMs for the normal S4's using it's template. But I did not even know about GE phones when I bought the N4.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately in today's world, if you buy a product and didn't do the proper research and understand the principles involved prior to the purchase, the likelihood of making a poor decision is fairly high. After making that mistake, to start complaining about the product you purchased, rather than your poor choice in selecting that product, is rather ridiculous. If you want a car that can do 140mph in 1/4 mile, buying a Toyota Prius, and then complaining to everyone on a Toyota Forum, that Toyota made a mistake designing the Prius because it doesn't go fast enough, is rather stupid in my opinion and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

It's been months, and despite and entire forum disproving his idiocy, he will never quit. I'm almost excited to see what he buys and incessantly complains about next; intelligence clearly isn't everyone's strong suit.

uthier

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
What if I have 11.95GB internal storage available, plus 28.43GB available on the SD card, and yes, I have tried rebooting, and a lot more suggestions, like:
1. Settings
2. Applications
3. Manage Applications
4. click "All" tab
5. go to " Google Service Framework" and select "Clear Data"
6. go to "Google Play Store" and select "Clear Data"
and then select "Uninstall Updates", and click "Force Stop"(optional)
7. Last, Shut down and restart your Android
etc. Nothing worked (so far..)
Any other ideas? Pretty please..

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Factory restore.
What if I have 11.95GB internal storage available, plus 28.43GB available on the SD card, and yes, I have tried rebooting, and a lot more suggestions, like:
1. Settings
2. Applications
3. Manage Applications
4. click "All" tab
5. go to " Google Service Framework" and select "Clear Data"
6. go to "Google Play Store" and select "Clear Data"
and then select "Uninstall Updates", and click "Force Stop"(optional)
7. Last, Shut down and restart your Android
etc. Nothing worked (so far..)
Any other ideas? Pretty please..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali