Internal Memory

dsmithla

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The internal memory on the Inspire is listed at 4GB. By today's smartphone standards, that's pretty thin. Is anybody having issues because of this? Really like what I see of this phone in the stores. Seems like quite a deal for $99.

grasstrout

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It also comes preloaded with an 8gb micro sd card, expandable to 32 I want to say

That's right you get about 1GB of storage for apps and I've got 164 downloaded to my Inspire and still have over half internal storage free

Sent from my Inspire 4G

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
4GB is allot for internal memory , especially if you have only 1GB for apps
for me other 3GB is useless , I don't think that you will use em . since it have a 8GB SD card in it (although i gotta admit : Nothing is too big when it comes to SD cards)

dude_hdt

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Waking up an old thread as I just got mine 2 days ago...

While internal memory is 4Gb, mine shows only 1Gb available...like IceDree said. Is there a way to designate where the apps are stored...internal or SD? Furthermore, if SD, then is there a good way for me to transfer the apps to a new SD card should I expand beyond the 8Gb SD that it came with?

Similarly, if I download an MP3 (podcast), how do I know where it is located...internal or SD?

Of course my questions may be answered once I sync to my PC...

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Waking up an old thread as I just got mine 2 days ago...

While internal memory is 4Gb, mine shows only 1Gb available...like IceDree said. Is there a way to designate where the apps are stored...internal or SD? Furthermore, if SD, then is there a good way for me to transfer the apps to a new SD card should I expand beyond the 8Gb SD that it came with?

Similarly, if I download an MP3 (podcast), how do I know where it is located...internal or SD?

Of course my questions may be answered once I sync to my PC...

The Inspire has 4gb of internal storage, however, almost 3gb of this is used by the system or is reserved for system use. The end user gets just a little over 1gb. This is for the installation of apps, as you can not save music, pictures, attachments to the internal memory. With many apps you can move them to the external storage if they will function this way and if the developer has designed them so. However, there will he a smaller amount of files that need to remain on the internal storage. You can go in the settings menu to manage applications to see where apps are located and move them if possible. Just click on the app name for details.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastura24