Internet pass-through disabled on Marshmallow?

A

AC Question

I recently updated my HTC One M8 to the latest Android version. Ever since, I've been unable to access the internet pass-through feature on my phone. Instead, it was replaced with other options like; charge only, file tranfer, CD installer, usb tethering, MIDI and Mirrorlink. Is there any other way i can connect my to the Internet via PC?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Did you try "USB Tethering"? That indicates to me the same concept as "internet pass-through". In fact, this is the first time I've heard it referenced as "internet pass-through" instead of "USB Tethering".

flammobammo

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
USB tethering is sharing your phone internet to another device, Internet Pass Through is providing internet to your phone via USB. For example, your home or work internet can be shared to your phone via USB. I used that frequently to provide internet to a phone where WiFi is unavailable with Lollipop, but with Marshmallow it was removed.

Tman433

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
USB tethering shares your phones internet with your computer whereas internet pass through shares your computer internet with your phone