Is a Moto X Pure Edition from Amazon new or used?

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm returning a BLU Life One X I bought a couple of weeks ago on Amazon, I like everything about it but the sound on phone calls is really terrible, I can't hear anything, it's very muffled. That's what I get for trying to go cheap...

I always liked the Moto X Pure Edition so I decided to order a "make your own" on Motorola when I found a sale in Amazon, $399.00 for the 32GB version, black with gray accents. I figured I'd rather have the $50 savings and forget the custom color.

So I placed the order, it's supposed to arrive Monday. But now I'm nervous, its says it's new but I'm hoping that's correct? Anyone order recently their Pure Edition from Amazon and is it OK? Not sure why it would be 50 bucks off at Amazon, why doesn't Motorola have the same price direct?

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pure Edition Nervous

Is the order through Amazon or a third-party Amazon seller? If directly from Amazon then I would not worry one bit. If it's a third-party seller, then it's crap shoot. Check the reviews of the seller.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Direct through Amazon is new unless it says otherwise and that is the regular price as if you bought it from Moto, so you're probably good.

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually the 32GB I bought was $399.99, it lists for $459.99 on the Motorola site, the 16GB version is $399 on Motorola, so this was a 50 bucks savings.

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Also, the weird thing is Amazon is charging $399.99 for both the 16 GB and 32 GB version, not sure why anyone would pick the 16! It's some sort of $50 off sale for the 32 GB version only.

brisadeveranos

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I have used the HTC One M9 for the past 9 months or so, but have been really struggling with overheating and battery drain issues.

I decided I wanted to upgrade to phablet territory, and I heard great things about the Moto X Pure. I too purchased the black and silver 32GB version off Amazon for $399. Brand new, large screen, sweet battery life, and super fast!

One would be crazy to get the 16GB version when the 32GB version is on sale for the same cost. 👎

The Motorola site had the 32GB version on sale for $399 as well, but only for those customized with the Jonathan Adler designs. I didn't really like those designs, but I guess nothing really matters if you slap a case on it. LOL

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I saw that sale on the Adler designs but I didn't like them either, seems like they could have done much better with other colors or designs. I never heard of Jonathan Adler but what do I know...

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
They had some marked used that came from Amazon Warehouse services. The ads mentioned slight physical imperfections like a small 1/4" or less scratch or smudge. They were sold as like new, meaning you could give them as gifts. I bought a 32G version of one of those - it was under $350 for one small blemish which I haven't found yet.A few ads said the packaging was destroyed which makes me think they weren't "used" by a customer but Moto had Amazon check them out or Amazon sent them to Moto. Moto deemed them OK for sale at a discount and as gift quality.

I've bought other phones from Amazon - a new Nokia C6 (EU), a used Nexus S, and a supposedly used Oppo Find 7. I think that whoever bought the Oppo turned it on and freaked when they didn't see Google and never used it, so I got a deal. The Oppo did have Google US services, but it ran Color OS rather than Google Android OS.

BTW - I bought the white with a Bamboo back.

Williboy

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine through amazon a few weeks ago, 32gb, on sale, for $375. It was new and I have had no issues with it, can't find any flaws. I bought the black one, which is what I would have ordered from Motorola anyway.