Is the Note 9 the last Note to have a notification light?

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I tell you what are the 2 safest phones for biometric iPhone face id and Samsung ultrasonic fingerprint.
I also enjoy the LED light notifications , but it's not going stop me from buying another phone without it , I still get it other ways as AOD ,edge lighting.
If you set ringtones and message tones to most important people or notification tone you can just listen that before even looking at your phone, so what happened to that ?

I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time. A visual indicator is something that can remain persistent and not drive you crazy with sound.

The fingerprint scanner may be more secure, albeit uncomfortable to use, but a phone with the new fps AND iris scanner is even more secure. It also compensates for the inconvenience of the scanner.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I keep my phone on vibrate most of the time. A visual indicator is something that can remain persistent and not drive you crazy with sound.

The fingerprint scanner may be more secure, albeit uncomfortable to use, but a phone with the new fps AND iris scanner is even more secure. It also compensates for the inconvenience of the scanner.

Not having a LED light is no excuse for not getting notifications it may be not what you prefer but there are plenty of options.

Fingerprint sensor that I mentioned are the most secured. If you want more options that's different story.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is battle that will never end unless Samsung chooses to go backwards instead of forward or give people back the options they want , how they want it ( Lord forbid if you have to click that extra button to get to the options you want lol). Even then people will STILL complain . *Shrugs*

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Not having a LED light is no excuse for not getting notifications it may be not what you prefer but there are plenty of options.

Fingerprint sensor that I mentioned are the most secured. If you want more options that's different story.

Never said anything about not getting notifications. I will still get notifications, just less efficiently.

And yes, it is a very secure scanner, but Samsung has been providing 2 secure methods for years. Two secure methods is always more secure than one. It would also make the fps a lot less annoying to have to use.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This is battle that will never end unless Samsung chooses to go backwards instead of forward or give people back the options they want , how they want it ( Lord forbid if you have to click that extra button to get to the options you want lol). Even then people will STILL complain . *Shrugs*

I could complain about a lot of things that are minute and irrelevant, but I am not. I don't think that this is a step forward, but at least there are ways to block out the otherwise useless punch.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Never said anything about not getting notifications. I will still get notifications, just less efficiently.

And yes, it is a very secure scanner, but Samsung has been providing 2 secure methods for years. Two secure methods is always more secure than one. It would also make the fps a lot less annoying to have to use.

We all brought up valid points , but nothing else to really say about it except keep chasing our tails about same thing .