Is the S22 Ultra still worth it?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I am in a situation where I might get to upgrade my work provided phone soon when we get a new hire in our department. I am using an S21+ now and I had always loved my Notes when I had them. I know everyone will say wait for the S23 it's right around the corner but I might not have that luxury. The main reason I will get to upgrade is because we are looking to hire someone new and I would upgrade my phone and pass mine down. I have thought about the Pixel as well but the modem/signal issues turn me away. Maybe the 7 will be announced before I get the chance to upgrade. But I have seen so many mixed feelings about the S22 Ultra and that it has been a disappointing device in terms of battery and such.

Just curious what people thought on the S22 Ultra 7 months after release.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have no battery issues with mine. I never get below 30% at the end of the day and usually have 6 hours SOT, including around 2 hours of streaming YouTube, Netflix or Hulu at highest quality possible. The battery has never been an issue for me at all, even though I do have a wireless charger on my desk that I could easily use if needed.

I'm just as happy with mine as I was when I got it from Samsung a few days before it was officially available for sale in brick and mortar stores.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Very much still with it. Device can seem heavy at times, but I think that's because my hand has gotten so use to my Z flip 3 and 4 lol. When I need a powerhouse phone the S22 U is what I grab

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
No problems with my S22U for me. I have had the notes since Samsung Note 2 and, of course, this "Note" is beyond compare. Love it!

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I would not hesitate to recommend the S22 Ultra to anyone looking for a new device right now! It's such a versatile device - the camera options/features, the SPen, DEX, big beautiful screen for viewing media and/or multitasking, etc. - it's just a very well rounded device IMO. The battery gets me through my day without issue but if I'm in a pinch super fast charging tops the battery off in no time to pull me through (and I'm using a 30W charger, I think the phone is cable of 45W).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I still think it's worth it! And, more importantly, if YOU think it's worth it -- go for it! Keep us posted on what happens!

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all of the feedback. Still waiting to see what happens at work but if I get the opportunity I think I will be getting the S22 Ultra. Now the next question to decide on is what color to get haha. It would be through Verizon so the options are limited to the standard colors not the Samsung exclusive. I don't think I am going with black on this one. I am torn between the white, burgundy, and green. Will most likely be in a Spigen clear case.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
We have 2 in our household. I purchased the burgundy & my husband, the green. We are very satisfied with them. Both colors are attractive & are iridescent. I've never seen the white in person.

:)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the feedback. Still waiting to see what happens at work but if I get the opportunity I think I will be getting the S22 Ultra. Now the next question to decide on is what color to get haha. It would be through Verizon so the options are limited to the standard colors not the Samsung exclusive. I don't think I am going with black on this one. I am torn between the white, burgundy, and green. Will most likely be in a Spigen clear case.
I chose the white since I never had a white phone in the past. I've seen burgundy and green in stores too, and those are also great colors. I would be happy with any of those. I also use a Spigen clear case. You can't go wrong with any of the colors. They are all great. :)

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Any phone is still worth it in it's first year unless you're like a month or two from the release of new one, even then the new release will have minimal improvements over current model.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance