Is there a sub-forum for asking for recommendation on new Android devices to purchase?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking for an area of the forum where people can recommend devices based on what a poster is looking for in a device (or help choosing between devices the poster is considering). From what I've seen most people seem to be posting within certain device forums, but not in a general area. For example I'm looking for a new tablet, and am considering tablets like the Asus ZenPad z580CA and Pixel C tablets, but I am open to other suggestions based on what information people post in replies. Where should I make such a post/thread?

(The Pixel C has a section under Google Phones & Tablets - Nexus, Pixel & More!, Asus only looks to have a Phone section, and not a Tablet section. I'm sure I could post in the Pixel C section, but I'd expect to get pro-pixel replies from most if not all of the people who might reply).

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Also Phone Wars is helpful if you can narrow it down.
Phone Wars - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I am losing track of what device does or doesn't have this feature, so I also wish there was a way you could check out a device forum and be guided to a general consensus of what are good and bad features for most people, or what aspect is not working well. Difficult to think of a way though, except start a thread. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The only caveat about Phone Wars is that discussions there can get a bit toxic sometimes (hence the title of the forum).

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The only caveat about Phone Wars is that discussions there can get a bit toxic sometimes (hence the title of the forum).

Yes indeed. I'm almost starting to become a mall rat myself on the blog comments, smh. People do have a go at you for no reason (and mommy says I'm special!)
You can still be none the wiser after trawling through it all.

How about a poll for each device, limited to certain areas. That's too much resources i guess. Oh well.

Last edited:

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Its been 3-4 days since I posted a thread in the general section as B. Diddy suggested, but I haven't received a single reply yet. (Its had 110+ views so far. I'm not sure why no one has replied. Might it be I wrote too much in my OP, is it because some of the devices haven't been released yet, do people just not care?)

How about a poll for each device, limited to certain areas. That's too much resources i guess. Oh well.
Given that my thread didn't get any replies I've created a poll as you suggested. Hopefully it gets some activity and proves useful.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Its been 3-4 days since I posted a thread in the general section as B. Diddy suggested, but I haven't received a single reply yet. (Its had 110+ views so far. I'm not sure why no one has replied. Might it be I wrote too much in my OP, is it because some of the devices haven't been released yet, do people just not care?)

Given that my thread didn't get any replies I've created a poll as you suggested. Hopefully it gets some activity and proves useful.
Replied there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci