Is there a way to delete music from watch?

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Has anybody figured out how to delete music tracks from the watch? I've successfully transferred music and podcasts to the watch, and it's cool to listen to them with bluetooth headphones while exercising, phoneless. But I can't figure out how to delete mp3s once they're on the watch.

The music control app on the watch works fine, but is rather limited. You can't select from a list of tracks, as far as I can tell; it's skip ahead or back one track only.

supersoulfly

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So... on your watch...
Go to the music player, make sure it's set to "Play Music From: Gear" in the options menu (3 dots on the right).
On the main screen where it shows the name of the song there is a little ^ at the bottom. Swipe up from the bottom.
Select Tracks
Long press one of the songs you would like to delete (a number 1 should appear at the top)
Tap other tracks if you would like to delete them too (number will increase as you tap)
Hit the menu (3 dots on the side)
Select Delete

Last edited:

tstreete

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks much! I missed the upward swipe on the ^.

(Wonder if Samsung is ever going to release a more complete manual that covers such things . . . )

Carole Brown

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Just wanted to thank for the useful info on deleting music tracks on Gear s2-4g watch. getting music on was easy and making ringtones. Anyway it did work!!:)

Gamer Freak

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
So... on your watch...
Go to the music player, make sure it's set to "Play Music From: Gear" in the options menu (3 dots on the right).
On the main screen where it shows the name of the song there is a little ^ at the bottom. Swipe up from the bottom.
Select Tracks
Long press one of the songs you would like to delete (a number 1 should appear at the top)
Tap other tracks if you would like to delete them too (number will increase as you tap)
Select Delete

Thank you so much. You solved my issue very clearly =)

treii28

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
So... on your watch...
Select Tracks
Select Delete

this is all fine and good if you need to delete a handful off songs. What if you have to delete over 400 tracks from an audiobook?

catstide

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't have any books but on music you can delete tracks, albums or artists. I would think you should be able to delete the whole book in one swipe.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
I switch source to watch from phone then swipe up on watch. I get various options like tracks, etc. Then press on one of the options and there is usually a delete button. It's kinda tricky.

Now getting books and podcasts to sync... that's difficult.