Is there a way to remove a permission control icon that pops up in the notification bar?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a rca tablet model rct6a03w13e with android go edition. When I open a new app or randomly when I'm using a current one, a lock icon pops up in the upper left notification bar the only way I've been able to get it to go away is to completely restart the tablet if I click on it and hold no matter what I do I can't get it to turn off is there a way to keep that from turning back on again

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. I am wondering if it is something to do with the tablet running Android Go. This version of Android is used on low spec Android devices. I see your tablet has just 1GB RAM. It could be that the apps you are trying to run are too powerful for your tablet.

You may need to use Go versions of apps for them to run properly. I am just speculating here because I have never heard of a lock icon in the Notification bar before.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can’t reply. Thanks. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html