Is there an app to SYNC photos (not just backup) only while charging & only Wi-Fi?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I did an incredibly stupid mistake. I was in recovery mode trying to wipe cache,when I almost accidentally dropped my phone and somehow tapped on delete everything twice while trying to save it from the fall, everything happened so quickly and suddenly I was on the "select language screen" and thinking "what the f did I just do". I had google photos backup off because I don't like how it acts and I lost ALL my pictures and videos, funny enough, I transferred everything from my S9+ to OP6 and everything was on both devices for a few days, this accident happened just 1 day after I did a factory reset on my S9+ to get it ready to sell it, since all my files were already "safe" on the OP6.

Soooo... my question is if there an app to sync camera photos and videos just like whatsapp or iCloud does?

I know google photos can upload all the pictures I take but it is missing the option of "backup only while charging" plus it just uploads ALL pictures taken with the phone (like, MEGA and dropbox).

Let's say I take 100 photos monthly but delete 70 during the month when cleaning my phone from useless temporary or blurred photos.

At the end of the year I would have 360 pictures on my phone storage but 1200 pictures on Google Photos, most of them useless. If I select all the 1200 and delete them from google photos, doing that would also delete the 360 on my phone storage.

I just want to use my phone normally and delete useless pictures on my phone gallery and eventually having the exact same photos on the cloud while syncing only overnight while charging and on Wi-Fi.

Alternatively, if there is no other app to do this. I think I can do this:
1) let everyhing upload to google photos using at least the option of Wi-Fi only, while it will drain my battery a bit, I don't take that many pictures a day.
2) Maybe once a month, move all my pictures on my phone gallery (i.e. 360) to a folder "camera_watheverothername", then delete all my pictures on google photos (i.e. 1200) but since they are not in the original folder, they won't be deleted on my device, just on google photos.
3) Move all my pictures 360 again to original camera folder
4) Will the 360 pictures be uploaded again to Google Photos when I move them back??

Another option could be just doing the "cleaning" from google photos instead of from native gallery but I wouldn't like to do that as I don't really like google photos app and how it asks for confirmation to delete each photo, it is already just moving them to the trash so asking confirmation to continue instead of an "undo" button is only a waste of time