Is this a real deal or a scam???

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
its likely real but most likely very horrible low quality production.

and no offense i wouldnt skimp on protecting my$200-$560 investment its fine for the charger that way but its likely a poor build case which will skuff or scratch the device.

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
With gorilla glass on the droids, a screen protector is useless. But besides that seems like a good deal.

tell that to my girlfriend who managed to put many scratches on her droid 1 :) She is now rocking a screen protector on her droid 2. Gorilla glass might be scratch resistant but its still VERY much scratchable.

akabigj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
tell that to my girlfriend who managed to put many scratches on her droid 1 :) She is now rocking a screen protector on her droid 2. Gorilla glass might be scratch resistant but its still VERY much scratchable.

Wow! I pretty much thought it was unscratchable under normal conditions. I'm sure you've seen the video on YouTube with the guy aggresively scratching the D1 with his keys and it comes out clean. I've never prtoected either of my Droids and they've been fine.:cool:

Jeepzor

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow! I pretty much thought it was unscratchable under normal conditions. I'm sure you've seen the video on YouTube with the guy aggresively scratching the D1 with his keys and it comes out clean. I've never prtoected either of my Droids and they've been fine.:cool:

yea I thought she was joking when she said he put a big scratch it in. We have no clue how she did it. She didn't have it in her purse, she didn't wear any earings and she didn't have her ring on. She had 2 deeper ones diagonal across the screen and then a couple light ones from side to side. So needless to say we arn't taking any chances with her D2. I dont have any screen protectors on my Dinc and I haven't got a single scratch yet.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Nice information

With gorilla glass on the droids, a screen protector is useless. But besides that seems like a good deal.

I never heard of Gorilla Glass until now. So I googeled and found out that it is made by Corning Glass. Gorilla Glass | Home

I guess I will not buy the screen protector. Also noted that Rimm is not listed as a user of this product.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
i wouldn't say screen protectors are useless, gorilla glass is very strong and very durable but guess what Ive had scratches on the screen of my d1 that uses gorilla glass. they came from walking around with it in my pocket. get a screen protector for that extra measure of safety

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte