Issue with 3rd party messaging apps

lp1668

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I didnt some searching but couldn't find a solution. I have a s8 with tmobile. I've used the stock Samsung messaging app for years. I just download Google messenger and my sent messages won't show there. I tried a few different messaging apps and they all have the same problem. Is there a way to get my sent messages sent with the stock app to appear in a 3rd party app?

The sent messages still appear if I go back to the stock app.

lp1668

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Sent messages through the 3rd party apps appear with no problem. I'm just trying to get my "old" messages to appear in the new app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Which sync setting are you referring to? But regardless the incoming messages populate without a problem so I doubt it's a sync issue.
Step by step we going check things , pull your notification panel down and see if sync is toggled on ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Done. No change. But I noticed that some incoming messages are missing as well. Could this have to do anything with tmobiles settings? I don't use digits.
No ,this is strange ...
Long press Google message app tap info >check permission if everything enable ?

lp1668

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok , no problem your welcome, let me check my phone little more see if I can come up with anything else .

I think it has to do with the Samsung app because both Google messages and go sms fail to populate the sent messages. I would think both popular apps wouldn't have that issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think it has to do with the Samsung app because both Google messages and go sms fail to populate the sent messages. I would think both popular apps wouldn't have that issue.
Like what's your thinking about the Samsung message causing this ? I have both on my phone and no issues. So I like you to look at something , go into settings >accounts>back up look at Google back up is everything sync with messages , look at data last sync compared to others on the list sync.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1