Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
another bug i noticed, not sure if it was there previously, but the camcorder... from day 1 when i got it it would default to HD 720 video mode. The other day i wanted to mms someone a video so i switched it to qvga... now it always defaults to qvga after a reboot and i manually have to switch it to HD every time after a reboot. Anyone know how to get these settings to stick?

gonna do ANOTHER factory reset. Today was just too much for me, 4 voicemails no missed calls, no texts, i MANUALLY go out and fetch emails, and 12 come in from the past 4 hours. This is insane and frustrating. I cant wait to do this all over again for a 4th time :::end rant:::

BradE

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is worse than it was before the update. After a full day of use before I was around 50-60% remaining, now I'm at 30%. And that is with the oem extended battery.

I haven't installed any new apps or changed my usage habits either.

the_fan

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset your phone to fix battery and lag issues

I've never had a problem with my droid x until I got this update. I had to pull the battery for the first time in an effort to fix lag problems and excessive battery draining, which didn't even work anyway. I finally did the factory reset, and everything is fine now. And yes it is a pain in the ass to re-customize everything again, but it's the only thing that will fix the issue. But then again, maybe not, I've read a few posts where people are on their 3rd and 4th resets. Good luck to the rest of you.

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never had a problem with my droid x until I got this update. I had to pull the battery for the first time in an effort to fix lag problems and excessive battery draining, which didn't even work anyway. I finally did the factory reset, and everything is fine now. And yes it is a pain in the ass to re-customize everything again, but it's the only thing that will fix the issue. But then again, maybe not, I've read a few posts where people are on their 3rd and 4th resets. Good luck to the rest of you.

so far so good, no problems yet so mine might be fixed for now anyway

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can't send MMS messages, even to other Verizon numbers. It just sits there saying "sending...".

Edit: It will send if I use the standard messaging program, but Handcent won't send MMS.

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can't send MMS messages, even to other Verizon numbers. It just sits there saying "sending...".

Edit: It will send if I use the standard messaging program, but Handcent won't send MMS.

I had trouble sending. Email attachments yesterday but finally went through

ririder

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I just don't understand this stuff. This is my first smartphone, is this stuff normal amongst the other offerings?? Regarding the DX, there really is no rhyme or reason to the problems is there. Could this all ultimately be determined by the apps that we have installed on our phones?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset is always good to do. Back in the BB world, I wipe about once a month to reinstall everything but it's easy to do since I just bring everything over. I wish there was something like that for Droid without paying money for but $5 isn't that bad.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone still having that unstabel Wifi issue? Mine still wont stay connected, even after a factory reset.

i dont know if you have tried this yet, but could help you out. hit menu>settings>wireless& networks>wifi settings>menu>advanced and change the wifi sleep policy to "never". for whatever reason, the default setting causes the phone to disconnect from the access point when your screen turns off. i personally hate using 3g while i am at home, so i like to keep the wifi connection always active

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
i have to do resets after i noticed my messages (text, IM, web, etc) all start to really slow down. no factory reset yet...maybe after Christmas, i like my little christmas colors and coke snow globe live wallpaper i found in the market. maybe after that.

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset is always good to do. Back in the BB world, I wipe about once a month to reinstall everything but it's easy to do since I just bring everything over. I wish there was something like that for Droid without paying money for but $5 isn't that bad.

does the $5 app back up indivdual contact settings such as ringtones and wallpapers. I factory reset my phone, took less than 5 minutes, but 4 damn hours to set everything back up, and it is still not complete a week later. BB-DM was the best for backing everything up... great gui, very easy to use to back up and restore. Android blow my BB away, but man, the BB was very friendly

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
does the $5 app back up indivdual contact settings such as ringtones and wallpapers. I factory reset my phone, took less than 5 minutes, but 4 damn hours to set everything back up, and it is still not complete a week later. BB-DM was the best for backing everything up... great gui, very easy to use to back up and restore. Android blow my BB away, but man, the BB was very friendly

That is one thing that actually worked well on the BB. Backing up and restoring the device but My BackupPro, I believe, backs everything up.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Failed to upgrade

I have a problem trying to upgrade to that latest verizon Droid X patch OTA.

Yesterday I finally have the upgrade showing as available to me to download and upgrade. The download process started ok, and I click OK to install it. Droid X reboots, then it attempts to update the files. About 2 minutes into the process, it stopped and showed a cryptic exclaimation mark with triangle indicating a problem. Then my Droid X reboots, and telling me the update failed.

I tried it 2 more times and those attempts failed the same way. (One time by un-rooting my Droid X, and also plugin the power, switching my HOME app back to Blur from AWD Home.

I'm baffled.The only thing I could think of is: I have uninstalled several "SYSTEM" applications that come with motorola (social networking update, news). I have changed the initial Motorola start up logo using Dx/D2 logo changer.

Can any one of you guys give me some good advise?

Thank you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred