Issues AFTER 2.3.340 Update!!!

Dplymkr88#AC

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My phone goes from 100% to less than 15% in 8hrs and I have my phone battery managed not to sync during that time period. I have the extended battery and have never had this problem before. Only had the batter for about 3 months, don't know if it is the batter or the update. WTF. Very angry.

I didn't have any battery issues until I installed the new Google Maps. Don't know if you have installed that or not but for whatever reason that KILLED my battery (GPS was not on). I haven't really had any issues with the update itself.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody have the same issue:

My market will always crashed whenever I click to open the market page for an app (either for update or install).

It just forced closed on me all the time.

I'm running 2.334 (latest) on Droid X Verizon phone.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

My market will always crashed whenever I click to open the market page for an app (either for update or install).

try going into your applications area and force stop your market app, and then uninstall updates/clear data from it.

RJMartin19

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Yup having this issue too

johnk300

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Can't re-root after update. Solved! see #167, #169

:mad:
Verizon pushed the System update to my phone (I don't remember being "asked", but perhaps I tapped OK without thinking). I had rooted it to use Titanium Backup Pro and Wireless Tether. After the update the phone is no longer rooted and these apps stopped working! OK, so I repeated the root procedure, but now it doesn't work: still not rooted, even though it reports "successful".

I am using the 1-click root method in DroidXRoot.zip from Alldroid found on Droid-Life.com

For the record, my phone is a Droid X, Settings | About Phone reports:

Android version 2.2.1

System version
Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US

Kernel version
2.6.32.9-g55626e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

Anyone know how to re-root after this update?

Googled all over, but found nothing yet. Perhaps its too soon after update to expect new root procedure already.

I'm assuming that Verizon's update broke the way folks were rooting it. Am I right about that? Or perhaps I just doing something wrong when I tried to re-root it.

Thanks for any news, tips, pointers, or "look here ..."s.

Last edited:

johnk300

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Solved, z4root works great!

:) Solved: Z4Root 1.3.0 works! Went back to Droid-Life.com and found info RE rooting after 2.3.340. Google "z4root1.3.0.apk". megaupload.com has it.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
If anybody is having problem with market crashing (FC).

I followed the guys' advice and go to settings - applications, find Market, then click uninstall updates. It reverts back to the old market (not the new fancy market anymore). And it works now.

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody see this:

After new update, the Screen Lock could not be turn OFF any more.

It seems that there is automatic something that would turn on screen lock no matter what. Even after I disable it.

JCosta04

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Issues since update: Phone keeps rebooting (4 times today in roughly 8 hours or so) and battery life is crap. No other issues besides that.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem trying to upgrade to that latest verizon Droid X patch OTA.

Yesterday I finally have the upgrade showing as available to me to download and upgrade. The download process started ok, and I click OK to install it. Droid X reboots, then it attempts to update the files. About 2 minutes into the process, it stopped and showed a cryptic exclaimation mark with triangle indicating a problem. Then my Droid X reboots, and telling me the update failed.

I tried it 2 more times and those attempts failed the same way. (One time by un-rooting my Droid X, and also plugin the power, switching my HOME app back to Blur from AWD Home.

I'm baffled.The only thing I could think of is: I have uninstalled several "SYSTEM" applications that come with motorola (social networking update, news). I have changed the initial Motorola start up logo using Dx/D2 logo changer.

Can any one of you guys give me some good advise?

Thank you.

I had this issue too, and ended up having to flash the phone, but hopefully, this will work for you.

If it doesn't work, I can post the link to what I had to do. (I bricked it because I didn't pay attention to the directions.)

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-x/48050-droid-x-2-2-1-install-fails.html

Good luck!

JCosta04

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Factory Reset?

Did that on mine last night with no luck. Looks like a post-Christmas trip to the Verizon Store is in my future. I wish I could pinpoint what causes the reboot, but it doesn't matter what I'm doing. One time it happened while sending an email, another when I went to accept a call, another when I was using the browser, etc...

koyote19

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
After the most recent update my camera shortcut button (red button on bottom right) doesn't activate the camera anymore. I can't seem to find a settings menu for the shortcut buttons.

Mbaverizon#IM

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
ok something new and bad happening , after awhile my phone dont work, i hit the top button and nothing, i hold it in and nothing, do a battery pull and it works fine. but if i leave it alone for awhile it wont come on till i do a battery pull and turn it on . anybody else having this problem

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz