Issues using Action Memo and S Note on Galaxy Note 5, can I get some help?

leonardp

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Issues ussing Action Memo and S Note on Galady Note 5

When I write something in Action Memo using S Pen, I don't have the option 'link to action'. And, also when I use S Note i dont have the option to transform handwriting into text (even after I downloaded the Extension Pack). Could you please help me to fix this problem?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Issues ussing Action Memo and S Note on Galady Note 5

Is your device Carrier Branded? It's the second time I've seen this week on users 'missing' the Transform option on S-Note and you're also missing Link to Action, but mine still has both (T-Mobile). Which version of S-Note do you have? Have you tried clearing cache for it?

leonardp

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

No, my phone is not carrier Branded. I tried deleting the cache for S Note, but its not resolved. The S Note version is 5.0.34. I can use the other features of S Pen, expect transforming handwriting and linking actions. I don't know if it is a problem with handwriting recognition or what

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the same version, but I can still see all options... But my phone is T-Mobile, so maybe Samsung screwed something up in their security update? My phone hasn't received any of those since it's carrier branded, but I know those are out for Factory Unlocked models.

Has yours updated?

leonardp

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

I bought this phones Yesterday. I haven't updated anything yet. I'll have to go and ask the store where I bought this phone about this issue. I appreciate your assistance. Thnx lot :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

If you just bought it then I assume you still haven't set it up fully... you can try doing a factory reset and see if that clears the issue. This will wipe out all your data though, so be sure to back up anything that's in there now.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

This probably isn't the problem but may be worth a mention just in case, on mine I have to first circle the text with the lasso thing (dotted circle), then I have the option to convert to text

leonardp

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

If you just bought it then I assume you still haven't set it up fully... you can try doing a factory reset and see if that clears the issue. This will wipe out all your data though, so be sure to back up anything that's in there now.
I did a factory reset of my phone, but I still have the same problem...

leonardp

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

The problem this that even after I select handwriting I dont the option " Transform" 70a779ff-26e5-418c-acf7-083358ad8fea.jpg

leonardp

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Nothing. On properties is just layouts. Could it be that my phones is rooted and because of this the handwriting transformation in not working. When I tried to install My Knox, it said that My Knox could not be installed because a custom os i already installed in this device. I dont understand what this means, can it be that this phone is rooted? Is there a way to check this?