It is legal to rate own application in Play Store?

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
As the topic.

It is legal to rate own application when in my smartphone I have different account than I use in developing?
Do not be a problem if member of my family(the same surname in google account) rate my app?
Immediately I say that I'm not going to cheat or something, just asking if this two reviews will be fine to Google.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's not 'ilegal', just frowned upon. And if you abuse it (if you're found making multiple accounts to boost your ratings) you might lose your developer account.

One personal review shouldn't matter, but if it looks like you've created multiple accounts or paid a lot of people for boosting ratings, that might be an issue.

pocketreers

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Can politicians vote for themselves? Yes they can indeed so why not, as long as you don't go cheating the system and voting multiple times and just don't go leaving yourself a blazing review :)

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
If is different account and different device it will be ok even if is the same surname. having said that if you create fake account and if you do your self may be one or few may ok but if any point if the google system flagged that some spamming going on then your app will be impact badly for sure. e.g. if you create a account and just review and rate your app only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RebelSynn