It's all of the little things they got wrong...

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That engadget report is written by a guy's who "top gadgets" are a palm pre, a netbook and an xbox 360... he wouldn't know good hardware if it bit him in the arse. Good luck with the G2 not having any bugs... I can almost guarantee you that you will experience some. Just like the HTC Hero, Evo, Mytouch 3G.... the list goes on. They ALL have bugs at release.

This is what I don't understand why people don't get this. If you don't want to risk having bugs then buy a phone that has been out for a while as getting a brand new phone has a much higher rate of bugs. Granted you could get lucky like me, but with ALL smartpphones there will be some with bugs at release. It just seems like people forget the issues all these phones they are switching to had when they came out.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
You guys got points about the all phones having bugs, but some of these just shouldn't have been wrong, I dunno :\

And there's only two reasons I'm switching to the G2, no service in my apartment and the keyboard misses key presses. All the rest of this was just mild whining ;)

supchaka

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Regarding MMS through wifi... I have an EVO and it has the same problem. Yet I have 2 other friends with EVO's and theirs work fine. I took it to the sprint store and they flat out told me MMS wont work over wifi and had no answer as to why my friends do. Refused to give me a new phone.

I spent a total of 5 hours that day, in store and at home on the phone with support. I had one guy ask me if I even know what MMS is, then said if the phone wont receive MMS then its not their problem and actually hung up on me after I started to argue. 2 45 minute calls were disconnected, and when you call back they have to start all over again since theres no record of the guy I was just talking to!

I cant even begin to get into the outrageous crap I went through with Sprint that day. After a few calls I stopped saying the phone wouldnt receive through Wifi and said that it wouldnt get them at all. In the end they finally agreed to send me a new phone, although it will take 30 days to get it. (another week to go)

Honestly, not getting MMS through Wifi isnt a huge issue. It turned into a matter of principal to me that Sprint would not even acknowledge its a problem with some phones. I told a few of the guys Google it! Its not that hard to find other people with the issue.

Ok I had to rant a little. I love my EVO still, but man Sprints tech support is absolutely terrible.

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I didnt see where thread revivals are limited in this forum, but if a mod wants to lock a 5 month old thread, ill stop reviving :)

Nearly all of these issues can be fixed. Im not sure about the camera below 25% with custom roms/rooted, but ill check if I can ever get it that low (might take a day, haha).

Dropped keystrokes---> Syndicate ROM fixed.
MMS Wifi---> Umm, maybe something is odd here, but it works for me.
Lag---> ACE Rom or especially Syndicate fixes this. (Genocide or Twilight kernel). Using EXT4 2.2 EB13.
Non-configurable bottom launcher---> LauncherPro
Battery life----> ACE Rom or Syndicate-- holy wow do they last long on a charge.
GMail---> Instant for me on Syndicate or ACE Rom EB13 versions.
Poor Performance---> (For such a powerful device, it sure did suck on Eclair for me)---> Syndicate or ACE EB13.
GPS Performance---> Works perfect for me ever since Eclair- lock was slow on Eclair, but very fast on EB13 ROMs.

Just so that someone doesnt think the Epic may be a bad choice- it took awhile for sure, but the Epic with some tweakage becomes a very mean, fast, lean, bug-free device

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Revival of threads is only acceptable if there's a point. Reviving a 5 month old thread to answer questions that have been long resolved does not constitute a point.

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Revival of threads is only acceptable if there's a point. Reviving a 5 month old thread to answer questions that have been long resolved does not constitute a point.

This will be my last post in this thread.

They have and they havent- considering most of these issues are due to Eclair, and the only means of fixing many of them is rooting (something youre not "supposed" to do) and using a leaked dk28 or tweaked EB13, I figured it was relevant and therefore had a point.

We are encouraged to use the search feature of the forums (which to my credit is how I discovered this thread in the first place), and it would be nice for someone having these issues or considering these problems to find this thread and know fixes (and generally how to fix them) for the issues.

Considering the use of "acceptable" and the formal manner in which you responded, I think you are being curt with me. There is no need- I will not revive any more threads from the dead and I will keep your template in mind. Apologies if they are required...

/end last "my post" of thread.

Reactions: gyoung345

simple503

Jan 4, 2011
drinkinsalem.com
<3 my epic. had a g1 before hand, which served me well btw.

I know the epic has had it's issues, and samy couldve avoided some of this stuff but hey, android is still new imo and we will have issues sometimes. at least it's easy to bring them back to new software!

Cheers

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but you seem like a whiner. Like other people have said, most of those problems can be fixed with the right apps. Although I do agree with you with the camera not allowing you to take pictures. But then again, you can use vignette. It gets past the 'battery is too low' message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali