I've got a Nexus 6P here, lets get some questions going!

Kiceqs

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I received my Nexus 6P today and I found that if I set the brightness to low, the screen looks like someone adds a red glass on top. White looks red. If I set higher brightness, it will become better. Is it normal?

joklun

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
How is your screen? Does it go towards red? I read on a Swedish forum that many people thought the screen was kind of red. No reviewers have mentioned it. I remember that the nexus 6 had this problem but I thought that it was fixed with the 6p. I will get my phone this week so I guess I will see how the screen is then. I'm coming from the note 4 and I did never see any red with that screen.

Edit. Oh, I just read the post above mine :) But I will let my post be, maybe another person can answer the question too?

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this was brought up already but I am having problems with voice actions. "Ok Google, turn on Bluetooth" from a locked screen where I explicitly allow the phone to unlock the screen with my voice. I'll get the I'm thinking screen... I have to repeat the command up to 2 additional times for it to work. When my screen is open and unlocked, it usually works with the first command.
71dc9ee4e4a6ec04500f89dc0cd40a4e.jpg

Last edited:

krasher2

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Question about waking it up. Let's say it's sitting on your desk and you want to check the time without picking the phone up. How do you wake it? Nudge it? Hit the power button (where is the power button, anyway)?

jhnstn00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Question about waking it up. Let's say it's sitting on your desk and you want to check the time without picking the phone up. How do you wake it? Nudge it? Hit the power button (where is the power button, anyway)?
You have to lift it at least 90 degrees if you have the ambient setting on or press the power button. It's not a Motorola active display to say the least. Or you can install a third party app like knock to turn on. I don't use it but it has a name similar to that.

krasher2

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You have to lift it at least 90 degrees if you have the ambient setting on or press the power button. It's not a Motorola active display to say the least. Or you can install a third party app like knock to turn on. I don't use it but it has a name similar to that.

Thanks. As much as I'm ready to move from my Galaxy, I really like to just tap the hardware home button to wake the phone up when I'm at my desk. Wish they had put the fingerprint sensor on the front.

ezra d

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Sure , I'll ask ...
I'm an android noob. I just got my 6P. I've got several diff iOS devices including the 6S+. My question : how can I transfer a ringtone I purchased for my nexus ( purchased on my nexus) from my MacBook Pro?
I have the app that is supposed to convert/transfer the file from android to iOS and back to my 6p. When I try and transfer on my mac the android file says :" your screen is locked ..." It isn't . And when I hit "ok" the whole file closes out .
(I realize this may seem mundane and pathetic for a forum question so take my original query as a challenge)

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The simplest way is to just copy the file to Dropbox or Google Drive and then use your Nexus to download the file. If you want to copy it from your MBP then connect it via USB and you should be able to use Android File Transfer to do it. You can also use AirDroid to copy the file.

yichen

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Thanks for sharing! I just got my nexus 6p today, and it looks charming... but I do have couples question below:

1. I am having trouble to turn off the keyboard sound and vibration. What I did is Setting > Personal > Language and input> google keyboard > Preference > Vibrate on key press.
I did switch it off. but it doesn't work. still vibrating.... Am i doing the right way? or there's other way to fix this?

2. Do you come across any overheating issue?
I was just browsing some pages and I did notice it get quite warm... :'((But I feel like this should't happen on this awesome newest smartphone, since this has a pretty great battery and processor?)

3. Do you get any insurance for it? is nexus protection plan a decent one?

Thanks!:D

nysantana72

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
1. Would you call the graphite more grey or black? Photos have been deceiving based on lighting.

2. If this was your personal phone, what color would you have chosen?

3. Did you get one of the microfiber cases for the 6P to use with the phone? Interested in thoughts on it.

4. How cool would an ice blue Nexus 6P have been?

1. I would say more like really dark grey.

2. I got the graphite color.

3. Black Spigen case from Amazon.com.

4. I love anything blue so I'm sure I would've loved it.

kogama

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed horrible horrible picture quality while settings say 12mp? My pictures all come out looking like 3mp pictures, everyone else says the same thing and its making me regret switching from my iPhone 6 Plus which took AMAZING pictures

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed horrible horrible picture quality while settings say 12mp? My pictures all come out looking like 3mp pictures, everyone else says the same thing and its making me regret switching from my iPhone 6 Plus which took AMAZING pictures

Is this after mms'ing the pictures? My pictures all look great. The camera outperforms the iphone camera, so you should see an improvement if anything.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
It's plenty fast with the included cable. Easily just as fast as QC 2. I'm going to do some testing with other cables and existing power adapters to see how it holds up.

I think it charges at least as fast as my Note5 did and I feel like i am getting slightly better battery life to.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332