I've got a Nexus 6P here, lets get some questions going!

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I can't get the imprint (fingerprint sensor) to work to sign me in on Bank of America, and i don't know what other sights. My Note5 would just present the fingerprint option automatically. Is there some way i can introduce my phone to their sight and create an option to sign in with imprint?
I also seem to have to use imprint or password to continue using the phone when i exit the camera (after double clicking power button to wnter camera). Do you know if there is a setting that can change this?

Posted via the Android Central App

VermaEklavya

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for my 6p to be delivered on the 27th. It's the first nexus phone I've ever had due to having Samsung have I made the right choice because I'm using note3 at the minute and really like it. Thanks. Stu.

I switched from a Note 3 on Lollipop as well, and its my first Nexus too!
a. Camera is surprisingly better.
b. Screen is better, real estate is optimised for a quad HD screen. The sRGB mode under developer options is a nice departure from the super saturated Note 3 display.
c. Charges in under an hour from 15% to full, and lasts the rest of the day, unlike my Note 3.
d. Performance is super smooth and snappy. I couldn't be happier!

Though as a first time Nexus user coming from Samsung, there will be some teething issues:
1. It is a little larger than Note 3, and Google keyboard will take some getting used to.
2. You will need to spend some time getting your accounts setup as imo Samsung does those integrations better out of the box.
3. No S Pen may be a deal breaker for some, though I was a heavy Pen user but can absolutely live without it. That's just me.
4. Some bells and whistles from note 3 will be missed.

If these are deal breakers, consider getting the Note5 as neither that nor the 6P has removable battery or expandable storage. But the experience you are getting with the 6P at its price is ridiculously good :)

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
My weather1 widget will disappear from my home screen time to time and when I go back to widgets, the option to add any from Weather1 aren't available. It takes a few hours before the show up again. Very weird.

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm new to the forum and the 6p

I upgraded from a Galaxy Note 2 that served me well for over three years.
I've found many answers and solved much of my setup needs but I seem to be stuck with two issues that I am hoping are simple and I am just overlooking somehow:

Is there a way to disable the volume keys while scrolling through the phone?
I seem to be on a home screen and accidentally hit the volume toggle switch and it changes my settings.
I'd rather not have that happen. I'd like the volume keys to do nothing unless I am on an actual call.

My second question is about notifications on the lock screen.
I have a couple of apps (like a stop watch) and when I hit the power button, it doesn't show me the stop watch timer and instead it says "contents hidden"

Is there a way to give different apps a "safe" permission so that it isn't hidden on the lock screen?
It's a timer. It really isn't sensitive data...

thanks in advance for any help!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't get the imprint (fingerprint sensor) to work to sign me in on Bank of America, and i don't know what other sights. My Note5 would just present the fingerprint option automatically. Is there some way i can introduce my phone to their sight and create an option to sign in with imprint?
I also seem to have to use imprint or password to continue using the phone when i exit the camera (after double clicking power button to wnter camera). Do you know if there is a setting that can change this?

Don't know if you've figured these our yet but...

1. The BoA app doesn't support nexus imprint yet. Samsung has a set up with them for it to work on their phones.
2. Pressing the power button twice for the camera will allow you to take pics or video and that's it. For security you still have to unlock the phone to do anything else. Only way around it is to turn off password/fingerprint security.

jefftex

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Love this thing ,buuut as a rookie,can you tell me how to create a music folder on it so I can start dumping songs from a p.c. to it?Use to a samsung already having music and video folders.Reallly struggling thx

redduc900

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
It already comes w/ a Music folder located at /sdcard/Music. Using the default file explorer located in Settings--> Storage & USB--> Explore, you'll find the Music folder in Internal storage.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to start a new thread but I wanted to know if anyone has an armband for this phone and how well do you like it? I want to get one but I'm torn.

Thanks

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What cases/sleeves/bookletcovers etc do you use? Can you link em?

Can I has sticky thread for this? Please? :)

PS: strike my last, I found the Cases thread in the acessories part of the forum. thx.

Last edited:

rahuly90

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
hi i have been using My nexus 6P for over a month now,after march security update ,after that it has started draining very fast on 3G and biggest drain shows whatsapp, i can literally see the percentages falling while browsing/whatsapp on 3G. on wifi battery seems fine, i have factory reset it, but the quick drain persists. please help!!

JCHAOS

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Love this thing ,buuut as a rookie,can you tell me how to create a music folder on it so I can start dumping songs from a p.c. to it?Use to a samsung already having music and video folders.Reallly struggling thx

Google play music native app ???

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
What is the life span for the batter under heavy camera usage, apps, wifi and video capture? does it overheat and does the Type C input really make a difference with lightning fast charging?