I've got a Nexus 6P here, lets get some questions going!

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
What is the life span for the batter under heavy camera usage, apps, wifi and video capture? does it overheat and does the Type C input really make a difference with lightning fast charging?

I can't speak to the battery life as I just got my phone yesterday, but the USB-C is amazing. Just about half an hour ago, I put my phone on the charger. It was at 38%. I went upstairs and had dinner and came back after 20 minutes. I checked my phone and it was at 80%. My HTC One M8 would be at 55-60% after that much time, and I have a QC2.0 charger for it.

So yeah, USB-C really does make a difference.

Sammytww

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Chqrging

Hi , recently my nexus 6p charger broke so ive been using the backup charger with a USB plug on one side and a USB type c on the other that came with the phone, and I've ran into the problem of it randomly choosing to charge rapidly or slowly, this is a problem because I'm accomstomed to rapid charging and the slow charging is painstakingly slow. Is there something I can change about the way I charge to fix this
Please help!
Ps: I'm charging on my laptop

gizmonix

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Stumbled into a question and haven't been able to find an answer with Internet searching.

I really don't use the OK Google stuff. Not into talking at my phone randomly.
That said, I often keep my display on the lowest setting while indoors and then go outside and it's far too dark to see where the control is to adjust the brightness.

I tried OK Google to see if I could voice control my system settings and have it adjust brightness (and volume, wifi, etc) and all it does is show me search results from Google on how to adjust those settings.

Is it possible to tie OK Google into controlling system settings on the phone? That would be a functionality that I could get behind...

(reply to previous poster: my laptop only charges at slow due to me having rolled back my USB 3 -> USB 2 when I first got it. there was an issue with OS X at the time and my sound card and Traktor controller wouldn't run on USB 3 and I had some gigs, so I rolled it back with a terminal command and never figured out how to undo that. I'm only able to get fast charging with the proper wall cable)

Nilo7

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi , recently my nexus 6p charger broke so ive been using the backup charger with a USB plug on one side and a USB type c on the other that came with the phone, and I've ran into the problem of it randomly choosing to charge rapidly or slowly, this is a problem because I'm accomstomed to rapid charging and the slow charging is painstakingly slow. Is there something I can change about the way I charge to fix this
Please help!
Ps: I'm charging on my laptop

Maybe you should just buy a replacement charger from Google? That's really the best way to guarantee a quick charge and that charger will be best for your phone.

Stumbled into a question and haven't been able to find an answer with Internet searching.

I tried OK Google to see if I could voice control my system settings and have it adjust brightness (and volume, wifi, etc) and all it does is show me search results from Google on how to adjust those settings.

Is it possible to tie OK Google into controlling system settings on the phone? That would be a functionality that I could get behind...

From my experience, there are some commands that can open up the settings app. For example, "OK Google, dim the screen" opens up the display settings page. You could also say something like "display settings" to get to them.

Here's a nice list of OK Google commands, many of which are practical in everyday life!

Last edited:

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
(I'm guessing the answer is No, but just in case)

Is there a way to have Battery Saver On be the default? I keep it on while at work as it is greatly helpful, but if i charge my phone for a brief second (or even just plug it in to swap files), it immediately turns off.

Also, anyway to tweak it so the bright ugly red is either black or invisible?

I haven't rooted yet and would prefer not to. That said, these types of modifications might push me over into root land

goadamn

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right place for my question but maybe it'll be a quick resolve I can move on without having to keep posting in other areas.

I use both Firefox and Chrome on my phone.
While on Firefox today, I wanted to share a news article via email. I clicked the less-than sign looking Share button and everything was fine.

Then, afterward, there was a new gmail icon in my settings menu and I don't like that.

Firefox-Gmail-share.jpg

I have scoured my settings menu and cannot figure out how to get rid of that.

Thoughts?

brankestein

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Is it a common problem with the Nexus 6P it suddenly won't charge anymore using the original adapter? Phone is only 2 months old and has Android N from the google beta program.
Restarting seems to fix the issue temporarily, but keeps coming back. Any ideas?

Chan Jang

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I use the phone heavily, camera, ebay, amazon, youtube, etc...
the phone lasts about 5 hrs. I have a fast charge car charger and a fast charge wall adapter. The fast/rapid charge works almost twice as fast as the normal charger.
Sometimes I just place the phone in battery optimization mode to save battery when I am not using the phone