I've got the EVO - ask me anything!

Papichulo06

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I know you are being bombarded with questions but I have the iPhone 4S and before that the OG EVO. Loved my EVO. Only one thing will sway me back,,==....need to know about the camera in comparison to the iPhone 4S. If its at least comparable, I will order one today. I miss my android.... :-(

Are you serious? c'mon man... do some research.....

Reactions: Bjamar24

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
1. On my Photon, it allows you to have "Emergency Contacts" that can be called in addition to 911 even if the phone is locked with a pattern/password/whatever. Does the HTC have this functionality or can you only dial 911?

2. Can you add / edit birthdays in the Contacts/People app for a contact? My Samsung Epic allowed this but my Photon doesn't. If it does, does the birthday get put into the Calendar?

dave12285

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Phil- Thanks for taking the time to answer all of these questions, it's greatly appreciated.

I currently have an EVO 4g and enjoy sense quite a bit. I've been on AOSP roms almost since the beginning though due to the extremely poor quality bluetooth streaming. I read back in the day that the bitpool was much higher in CM7 and other AOSP roms. Do you notice any difference in streaming bluetooth audio from, say, the Gnex to the X? Maybe you could compare an old sense phone (ie OG Evo) to the X. I really hope this has been solved in the new iteration of sense as i listen to Pandora in my car everyday. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

anon(603471)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I know you are being bombarded with questions but I have the iPhone 4S and before that the OG EVO. Loved my EVO. Only one thing will sway me back,,==....need to know about the camera in comparison to the iPhone 4S. If its at least comparable, I will order one today. I miss my android.... :-(

Check this out. http://androidcommunity.com/new-orleans-tour-through-the-lens-of-the-htc-evo-4g-lte-20120509/
I know HTC posted some pics in a Facebook gallery somewhere. And your can look at pictures taken on the One X. I think it definitely beats out the iphone and it has been one of HTC's main marketing points for the One line so I don't you'll be disappointed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Does the Evo come with a SD card? The original came with an 8 gigabyte, and I need to upgrade to a 16 gigabyte in order to hold all of my music. But I want to wait to see if the new Evo comes with a 16 gigabyte card. So, does it come with an SD card or not? If so, what size?

jharre08

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, I found the answer to my microSD card question. It appears you CAN use the 64GB microSD card as long as it is propperly formatted in the phone (FAT32). The only drawback is it will not use files over 4GB in size. So if you have recorded a really long video that exceeds the file size limit, you would need to transfer it to your PC in order to play it. Hope this helps!

NeoteriX

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey Phil --

Is the Camera Button dual-detent/dual-stage? In other words, are there two stages for focusing and then photo taking (half press to focus, pull press to shoot) like on the Evo 3D or is it just single stage (press to shoot) like on the Motorola Photon?

Thanks!

swaze

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I found the answer to my microSD card question. It appears you CAN use the 64GB microSD card as long as it is propperly formatted in the phone (FAT32). The only drawback is it will not use files over 4GB in size. So if you have recorded a really long video that exceeds the file size limit, you would need to transfer it to your PC in order to play it. Hope this helps!

Same card I have in my Evo 3d.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey Phil --

Is the Camera Button dual-detent/dual-stage? In other words, are there two stages for focusing and then photo taking (half press to focus, pull press to shoot) like on the Evo 3D or is it just single stage (press to shoot) like on the Motorola Photon?

Thanks!

i think this was already answered a couple post ago. it doesn't have 2 stages. i am too lazy to go back and check so could be wrong.