I've got the Xperia Z1. You've got questions. Let's do this.

zohayb

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't get the button on the earphones to work to play/pause or skip to the next track. I have tried it with both the Sony ones you get with it and my other Bose earphones but no joy.

Have you tested this? is it a bug or just the way Sony do it (first Sony phone)

Cheers
Daz

Um I use the nokia monster headphones with my xperia s works fine..
Try pressing the volume down button(on the headset) while inserting the headset into the phone

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have 3 questions.

1: How's the 20.7 MP camera?

2: Any noticeable lag/stuttering when scrolling through the UI?

3: How powerful is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 in the real-world?

Mach1Chris

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
How is the camera in comparison to the Galaxy S4 in terms of:

1) Low light pictures with flash
2) Low light pictures without flash
3) Image stabilization

Thanks!

Jin_BR

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Can you test if the Z1 is also compatible with PS3 bluetooth controllers?

And can you test if the NFC is compatible with mifare tags.

Is there any chance to have a 32gb version soon??? How much space is left in the internal card?

bpm2000

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lot of us are disappointed in the lack of the s-master. Any word on the headphone sound quality from the S800 SOC? The camera vs SQ has me looking at Z1 vs G2.

Low light they're about the same. The Z1 has OIS which should give it an advantage over the S4. Check the review for more when it's done.

Thats software IS right?

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Alex, what's the picture quality compared to the 5s in your opinion?
Well the 5s isn't out yet, so.... :) I can tell you it's a lot bigger though.

I have 3 questions.

1: How's the 20.7 MP camera?

2: Any noticeable lag/stuttering when scrolling through the UI?

3: How powerful is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 in the real-world?
1. It's good. One of the best out there. Weaknesses include a little autofocus wonkiness and low-light shots that are good, but not necessarily HTC One good

2. None whatsoever.

3. It's fast (see 2 :). Also games like NFS:MW are buttery smooth. I haven't seen an Android phone run Need for Speed that fast before.

How is the camera in comparison to the Galaxy S4 in terms of:

1) Low light pictures with flash
2) Low light pictures without flash
3) Image stabilization

Thanks!
Low light they're about the same. The Z1 has OIS which should give it an advantage over the S4. Check the review for more when it's done.

Can you test if the Z1 is also compatible with PS3 bluetooth controllers?

And can you test if the NFC is compatible with mifare tags.

Is there any chance to have a 32gb version soon??? How much space is left in the internal card?
PS3 controllers: Yep, there's an option for it in the settings. Don't have any Mifare tags though. No idea about a possible 32GB version, but there is an SD card slot that supports up to 64GB. FWIW you get 11GB and change to use out of the 16 internal.

Analogy

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex how would you compare the z1 screen/viewing angles compared to the z ultra? Improved? Worse? Same? Thank you for answering our questions

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
bpm2000 said:
Thats software IS right?
Hardware. (Optical Image Stabilization)

Hi Alex how would you compare the z1 screen/viewing angles compared to the z ultra? Improved? Worse? Same? Thank you for answering our questions
I don't have an Ultra here, and it's been a while since I used one at the launch event. But I've heard others say the Ultra has better viewing angles because it's got the Sony OptiContrast secret sauce.

Alex Dobie

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
In relation to this bug. Was this widespread or is it luck of the unit? Starting to seriously worry about my preorder

No idea, though Brendan Arndt from Three said he had the same issue on his unit. Seemed to be a software thing. And the Xperia Z suffered from a very similar problem at launch.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been totally on the fence over the Z1 or the G2. I also live in the states so I can get the G2 now or wait to see availability for the Z1. So anyways, in comparison between the two, here's my questions..

1) Camera: I've already heard you comment about the camera being one of the best, yet not what we'd completely hope for either. I get that. When it comes down to either the Z1 or the G2, would you say there's clearly a difference? Is the Z1 a full step ahead, or are they more or less on par with each other. Does one handle low light better then the other?

2) Screen: If you had to pick one, which would it be? The Z1 has a ton of fancy names (triluminusing x-factoing braviaing whatever) but in the real world, what does it really mean when put up against that seemingly fantastic screen on the G2?

Also, are the bezels really that bad?

rink

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Alex. I spent some time looking at Sony's propaganda on the Z1 and the only thing I recall that suggests any type of image stabilization is a fast shutter speed. Maybe I missed something.

One question... Does the camera interface provide an option to save the photos to the removable microSD card instead of the built-in storage?

Jin_BR

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Alex,

Does Sony implement any kind of Apps2SD??

Like Samsung did after many customers started to get mad for being out of space...

B1GDAZ

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Um I use the nokia monster headphones with my xperia s works fine..
Try pressing the volume down button(on the headset) while inserting the headset into the phone

Zohayb what music player are you using? I'm using google music (all access) and its not working

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware