"I've ordered my Nexus 5X" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

SmogHog

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 32GB Carbon shipped yesterday from Carol Strean ILL > Free Shipping>delivery Austin TX tomorrow 10/21

Speck Candyshell Grip Case.> shipped yesterday from Carol Stream ILL > Free Shipping > delivery Austin TX tomorrow 10/21

1PM 10/20 5X now in Dallas TX,Speck case in Chicago ILL

Nexus Protect????

$50 Play Store Credit????

Last edited:

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
For those of you who's phones have shipped...
How long did it take from "Processing" to "Shipped"?
I ordered a 32 gb Ice, free shipping and just got to "Processing" today.

For me it was on "processing" for days, maybe 5-6 days. Changed to "shipped" last night (pre-ordered 9-29, quartz 32gb, I'm on the East Coast)

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the reply. This stinks. My FedEx driver delivers really late... maybe I'll work from home and hope he comes early. I'm going to be anxious, kid on Christmas Eve person tomorrow ;)

haha, yeah, this is definitely the time of year where i am super active on the forum. just look at my posting history. haha. my wife already said that I will probably zoned out from her for the rest of this week. I am extra anxious cause i have been using a lg optimus l90 for the past couple weeks, since i returned the nexus 6 and traded my note 4 to my father in law for his lg optimus l90. i am ready to throw the phone to the wall because of how slow it is and random crushes.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
haha, yeah, this is definitely the time of year where i am super active on the forum. just look at my posting history. haha. my wife already said that I will probably zoned out from her for the rest of this week. I am extra anxious cause i have been using a lg optimus l90 for the past couple weeks, since i returned the nexus 6 and traded my note 4 to my father in law for his lg optimus l90. i am ready to throw the phone to the wall because of how slow it is and random crushes.

oh man! May you be awarded an early delivery for your patience and long-suffering of dealing with that LG ;)

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
is that just this shipment then? because I've never had to wait on a first attempt before. I've always been able to log into FedEx Delivery Manager and request it be delivered to my nearest FedEx Store. I did this with both of the Moto X Pure Editions I ordered. Both went straight to the FedEx store and I didn't have to wait for attempted delivery first.

Its up to the shipper to specify delivery restrictions. I ordered a SIM from VZW. Same problem. Had to wait for one delivery attempt before diverting.

I actually canceled and reordered my 5X a few days later to change the delivery address and avoid this.

Jossue Munoz

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Well then. I ordered a carbon Nexus 5X 32GB along with a new chromecast on 9/29. A day after (9/30) I decided I'll sell my S6 Edge and use the earnings to pay for this purchase and also a second Nexus 5X 32GB for my girlfriend (I got her a Nexus 4 since release that's already dying). Both of my orders have been processing for almost a week and just right now to my surprise the second order says shipped. I checked the tracking number and its out for delivery as I type this! What a wonderful surprise! The shipping dates for both bones still show as October 28-30. I'm glad I didn't pay for one day shipping! Now to see when I get shipping info for my first order, which I placed a day before the second order and is still showing as processing :(

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm the same way. That October/December timeframe for the Nexus and April/May for the Galaxy line. Although I think the S6 was my last from the S line until they make it cheap enough to buy it off contract. Carriers suck.

Posted via the Android Central App

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm the same way. That October/December timeframe for the Nexus and April/May for the Galaxy line. Although I think the S6 was my last from the S line until they make it cheap enough to buy it off contract. Carriers suck.

Posted via the Android Central App

yeah, the note 4 was the first galaxy phone I had, and I really didn't like it. tried the big phones and galaxy line, now I am back to a pure android and smaller phone.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Nah, you pay for delivery guarantee. I know from experience that shipping coast to coast is five business days by ground. From middle USA to the coast is three days by ground. So I estimated that I would receive unit in three days or less which is fine for me.

Jossue Munoz

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Update! 20 minutes after writing my last post about the surprise "out for delivery" status, the phone arrived! But I think I'll wait until I get my second 5X before I open them. Hopefully it ships out tomorrow. Think I got fast shipping because I live in Cicero, IL (small town right next to Chicago) and the phones are shipping from Carol Stream IL. Jackpot!

marioana

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
My order changed to processing this morning and now it says shipped!!!!...But still nothing in fedex, either by reference or in the delivery manager...

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Update! 20 minutes after writing my last post about the surprise "out for delivery" status, the phone arrived! But I think I'll wait until I get my second 5X before I open them. Hopefully it ships out tomorrow. Think I got fast shipping because I live in Cicero, IL (small town right next to Chicago) and the phones are shipping from Carol Stream IL. Jackpot!

Mine shipped from Carol Stream too, but it has to make it across half the country to reach me! It's in Ohio right now according to FedEx...

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
anyone with a FedEx tracking number able to change the delivery to their local FedEx store? I always choose this option since the driver for my neighborhood delivers so late in the day. But that option is grayed out, even though I'm logged in with FedEx Delivery Manager. Says it's unavailable for this shipment. Weird... never seen this option grayed out before...

So I noticed the "Hold at FedEx Location" option popped up . . . But I get this result . . .

Attachments

• FedEx.jpg
    FedEx.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 147

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci