"I've ordered my Nexus 6P" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Did you 6P Arrive on time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Google is running close to violating the FTC rules.

"The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

As of today 11/5, my 9/29 preorder is past this window.

archermoo

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

"The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

Except that they provided estimated shipping and delivery dates with your order. Or at least they did with mine.

ArizonaGuy

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't disagree with you. But when one considers you can preorder many things far in advance of their on-sale dates (video games, game consoles and DVD/BluRay come to mind), I wonder whether there's an exception for something that's clearly marked "preorder" and not in-stock and/or on-hand.

c_dog X

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

Most likely this would be interpreted based on the statement 'Leaves warehouse by" on your account page which in most states will give Google until 30 days past that date.

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Most likely this would be interpreted based on the statement 'Leaves warehouse by" on your account page which in most states will give Google until 30 days past that date.

From what I understand and have read, it does not apply to the leaves warehouse date, but they are already floating a thin line of 30 days from preorders, and their estimated shipping time. This is the reason some people have received delay emails, refunds, etc. However, they are not doing this on a mass scale, it all seems random. So therefore it seems to me that they know they are infringing or are close to this and thus have attempted to make some effort.

c_dog X

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Here's a question for the masses out of curiosity. If you received the ' Delay Email', when did you get it?

Mine arrived just 3 hours before midnight of 11/03, or 9:00 PM 11/03. The final day of my estimated delivery window.

The only truth I was able to glean from CS, was that I probably wouldn't be sent that email until they missed that last day.

dc5pat

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
That makes me hopeful that mine should be processing soon.. Ordered mine 10/5 yet still in Pending frost purgatory.
Today would be the start of my shipping between 11/5-11/9
Curious do you guys think they are updating frost order to overnight shipping ?

My 64gb frost shipped standard overnight. And I chose the free shipping option.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

IceZ

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
So status changed to shipped around 830am, however fedex still doesnt show a pick up for the package. But my estimated delivery date is still tomorrow.

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So status changed to shipped around 830am, however fedex still doesnt show a pick up for the package. But my estimated delivery date is still tomorrow.

Google is drop shipping from a third party. Which obviously they cannot get the accurate information into their system. So with all hope, you will get it tomorrow.

HotInEER

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine from Huawei on 10/19. Still says processing. What's their problem. I was told it would ship by the last week of Oct and have this week and they never have anyone available for live chat anymore regardless of time.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
My 64gb Frost arrived today (UK order), ordered 1st October was due to arrive 3 to 5th November and arrived on the 5th :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Jori5280

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
128 GB aluminum, ordered 9/29, just shipped; scheduled delivery 11/10. It was supposed to be expedited delivery because they missed the initial window, but looks like it's coming ground :eek:

HotInEER

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally got through on the live chat on Huawei web site. Nothing but a load of crap coming form them. He told me that it should ship early November, I told him this is early November. He then proceeded to tell me that it should ship Nov 15th to Nov 20th. I told him that is late Nov, not early November. Sounds like to me I'm not going to get it till Dec which is bull crap. He said I will have my device this month. LOL Right. I asked if they were giving any credits back like Google or upgrading to next day shipping and he had the nerve to tell me no because there are no delays. LOL Really, when I ordered my phone is said shipping late Oct. I spoke to 3 of their reps that told me my device would be shipping late Oct and I would have it the 1st week of Nov, now I'm being told late Nov and they don't consider that a delay. Not a good way to try and get into the US with their devices.

Jori5280

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My delivery window was 10/30 - 11/3 and I received the "delay" email on the evening of 11/3. I noticed a pending CC charge on 11/4 and just received an email that my device shipped today. Only issue is that the email indicated the shipping would be expedited, but it looks like ground as the anticipated delivery is 11/10.

Last edited:

Jori5280

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question for the masses out of curiosity. If you received the ' Delay Email', when did you get it?

Mine arrived just 3 hours before midnight of 11/03, or 9:00 PM 11/03. The final day of my estimated delivery window.

The only truth I was able to glean from CS, was that I probably wouldn't be sent that email until they missed that last day.

My delivery window was 10/30 - 11/3 and I received the "delay" email on the evening of 11/3. I noticed a pending CC charge on 11/4 and just received an email that my device shipped today. Only issue is that the email indicated the shipping would be expedited, but it looks like ground as the anticipated delivery is 11/10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick