Jb radio issues

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I got the stock JB rom installed and I've noticed a big degrade in radio reception, WiFi and cellular network 3g/4g. Anyone else notice this? I think I saw a WiFi zip download to fix this issue but what about 3g/4g fix? Loving jb but these issues starting to bug me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Theres a bunch of JB ROMs already...which ones are you using? And considering all JB ROMs are a port from a GSM Nandroid and source hasn't even been released yet, did you really expect this to be stable?!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If you're on the absolute latest of releases you should be having no problems. Like scarryman said, what are the details?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Jelly Belly 1.9 without any real issue...its up to 2.4 now

Yup, running that now, works great. He got a testing team together because it seems like every other release something major is broken. Hopefully that gets reduced :).

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Pure jelly belly 4.1. which is port #2 on the sticky thread of jelly bean resources and guides thread in this forum.

Reactions: dmmarck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Pure jelly belly 4.1. which is port #2 on the sticky thread of jelly bean resources and guides thread in this forum.

Yeah, that's a bit behind in development (since it's "pure" and all). I'd suggest going for a newer one that has incorporated numerous data/wifi fixes.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wish someone would link to that post I had before on rootz that explained so well why these risky ported ROMs are not going to work so well for everyone.. Someone link it I'm out! :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Wish someone would link to that post I had before on rootz that explained so well why these risky ported ROMs are not going to work so well for everyone.. Someone link it I'm out! :)

lol I'm sure it's in the guide somewhere.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I've had sporadic connection issues (wifi and 3g/4g) across almost all the major JB roms out there, even on the current versions. Even with Jelly Belly 2.5 I've seen this as recently as last night. That was on a full wipe too, not a dirty flash.

I'm just living with it for right now. The source for this stuff hasn't dropped yet and all the ROMs out there now are based off of a GSM nandroid I believe. The fact that it works as well as it does right now is pretty impressive. I think we will see a marked improvement when this stuff hits AOSP which should be soon, hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lumen